Gimbal Motor overloaded?

Reaction score
I was flying a mission with Litchi last weekend. It started to get bright, so I installed a polarpro ND filter. The camera was waving violently in the air. I thought it may have been too windy for the added weight of the ND filter. So I put everything away to fly another day. Went to fly yesterday, and same issue, but with stock UV filter. Now my P4P gimbal doesn't move at all during calibration. Using the wheel it moves just fine. But during flight it's all over the place. Can't take sharp photos or usable video. Keep getting a Gimbal motor overload error, even after the calibration is complete.

Sounds like you might have a screw loose (no pun intended). Several threads on the forum about how to get into the gimbal, align and tighten the screws on the arm.

Reactions: Lefty63
Sounds like you might have a screw loose (no pun intended). Several threads on the forum about how to get into the gimbal, align and tighten the screws on the arm.
Not finding anything useful. Do you know of anything that would show me how to inspect the gimbal, align it, or tighten it?

This is how my gimbal hangs.
328e4d1045714b155d06e1694c5f6b0a.jpg
63e2476df11341992e1a927beda3efce.jpg

When it shows gimbal over load or reached gimbal limits, it is due to brushing against the ribbon cable or the arm.
Just check the movements manually.
On one we found the camera just brushed the cable and that was our issue.

When it shows gimbal over load or reached gimbal limits, it is due to brushing against the ribbon cable or the arm.
Just check the movements manually.
On one we found the camera just brushed the cable and that was our issue.
There are no obstructions. It moves freely when not powered on. During start up, it moves in all directions, then settles facing slightly to the right. During gimbal calibration, it twitches slightly, but doesn't fully move in any direction.

I get a overload warning when I try and use a lens hood, otherwise I haven't had any issues, anyone else have success with them or is that just a known that the additional weight is just to much for it to handle?

My problems started from using a PolarPro ND filter. It's been showing an error ever since. Those filters, while lightweight, can weigh twice as much as the stock lens protector.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4