Gimbal motor overload Issue

a bad potentiometer looks like this.
bb5.jpg

Yesterday I've change the potentiometer and now its all right...thanks for help !!!
Hello people , do any of you know if a bad potentiometer can be the only reason behind the gimbal motor overloaded error ? My P3 Pro is showing that message and sometimes (most of the times) when i start the drone , the gimbal starts to shake and then move in all directions like it's malfunctioning after a nasty landing by a kid...
And maybe somebody will point out with a link from ebay the part that i need to replace ...becasue i have searched for potentiometer phantom 3 ...but nothing was found
Thanks for helping out

Hello people , do any of you know if a bad potentiometer can be the only reason behind the gimbal motor overloaded error ? My P3 Pro is showing that message and sometimes (most of the times) when i start the drone , the gimbal starts to shake and then move in all directions like it's malfunctioning after a nasty landing by a kid...
And maybe somebody will point out with a link from ebay the part that i need to replace ...becasue i have searched for potentiometer phantom 3 ...but nothing was found
Thanks for helping out
I'm sorry - I can't definitively advise on whether that could be the sole fault responsible. There is a circuit board for both the pitch and the roll motors though.

I might be wrong but I think you need to buy the whole circuit board. The good news is that it only costs about $30.

phantom 3 roll motor circuit board | eBay

Here's an Ebay search for a roll motor circuit board - Keywords = 'Phantom 3 roll motor circuit board' Note that the Standard and Adv/Pro boards are different.

Hello Mr Steve and thanks for helping out , aren't these 3 motors ( that cost around 66 $ ) to be replaced in case of gimball motor overload ?

Original Gimbal Motor Replacement Repair Parts For DJI Phantom 3P/3A Drone | eBay

and maybe that flex cable for the gimball/camera ? ( that costs only 8$ fortunately) like this :

Flexible Gimbal Flat Ribbon Flex Cable Repair Part 49 for DJI Phantom 3 Pro Adv | eBay

and if we add the roll motor circuit board (around 30 $) in the link that you sent me earlier :

DJI Phantom 3 Adv/Pro Roll Motor ESC Drive Circuit Board Genuine Drive Plate

+ maybe the circuit board for the pitch motor (another 31$) necessary ???

1x DJI Phantom 3 Standard or Adv/Pro ESC Drive Motor Circuit Board Drive Plate | eBay

that seems a lot ...a whopping 135 $ :(
Not only that ,but what if after all these ordering and mounting the shaking and jumping around of the gimbal will not be fixed , have any of you guys tried that ?

i don't really know how much would DJI charge me ? maybe the same ?

I really appreciate your help people including you Mr Steve , thanks

Hello Mr Steve and thanks for helping out , aren't these 3 motors ( that cost around 66 $ ) to be replaced in case of gimball motor overload ?

Original Gimbal Motor Replacement Repair Parts For DJI Phantom 3P/3A Drone | eBay

and maybe that flex cable for the gimball/camera ? ( that costs only 8$ fortunately) like this :

Flexible Gimbal Flat Ribbon Flex Cable Repair Part 49 for DJI Phantom 3 Pro Adv | eBay

and if we add the roll motor circuit board (around 30 $) in the link that you sent me earlier :

DJI Phantom 3 Adv/Pro Roll Motor ESC Drive Circuit Board Genuine Drive Plate

+ maybe the circuit board for the pitch motor (another 31$) necessary ???

1x DJI Phantom 3 Standard or Adv/Pro ESC Drive Motor Circuit Board Drive Plate | eBay

that seems a lot ...a whopping 135 $ :(
Not only that ,but what if after all these ordering and mounting the shaking and jumping around of the gimbal will not be fixed , have any of you guys tried that ?

i don't really know how much would DJI charge me ? maybe the same ?

I really appreciate your help people including you Mr Steve , thanks
In all honesty ERASER, I don't know exactly what the cause of your problem is, I just replied to your question about being able to buy a potentiometer.

Your problem could even be as simple as a badly fitted cable connection, which would be cheap and easy to fix.. I've never even seen any photos of your drone and the description above of what your problem is, for me, isn't that much to go on.

You could, of course, change out every part that you think could be the possible cause and, as you say, still have the fault existing. Your best course of action, IMHO, would be to send your drone to an authorised repair centre to get the problem properly diagnosed and only the necessary parts fitted.

One DIY tip though - only use genuine DJI ribbon cables. Some here have reported problems with non-OEM ribbon cables.

Last edited:
Hello Steve ,i was aware of the fact you couldn't know the issue of my drone without seeing it , i was jusk wondering which was the worst case scenario for this gimball motor overload error.
Do you have any ideea where can i purchase these genuine DJI ribbon cables ? And what is their cost ? Thank you very much man

Hello Steve ,i was aware of the fact you couldn't know the issue of my drone without seeing it , i was jusk wondering which was the worst case scenario for this gimball motor overload error.
Do you have any ideea where can i purchase these genuine DJI ribbon cables ? And what is their cost ? Thank you very much man
You could try here:- LMGTFY ;)

Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20