Gimbal Guard from Ebay

sometimes I will auto land just to show someone only with my p3s my p3a comes down way different much faster

Speaking of that, How fast do you come straight down when descending from say...300 feet? Straight down.

I have been flying APM and PIXhawk flight controllers on quads and hexaquads that I have built myself, even with tilted arms (to prevent votex) it can get hairy coming down to fast.

6.7 mph

my x star handles it better than my phantoms

its my x star same size as phantoms

So, bottom line, carbon guard can save camera and gimbal. What about wind drag ? I personally dont think it can make any big difference since it is small and wind can go easy over it, just like it goes over landing gear or the camera setup.

So, bottom line, carbon guard can save camera and gimbal. What about wind drag ? I personally dont think it can make any big difference since it is small and wind can go easy over it, just like it goes over landing gear or the camera setup.

That was a nice guard you posted and a good explanatory video :) They do save the camera and gimbal in light crashes, which is why I bought it. You never know until you try it and... I've tried them out and proven to myself that they work great.

it's funny how the aerospace engineers here think that it creates drag.. you have all the landing gear, camera and gimbal hanging catching the wind. I flew today again in 10 to 12 mph wind and no issues. if something goes wrong and your drone comes down hard it at least gives your gimbal a fighting chance. I also hand catch... This is why I put the guard on.

Reactions: Reed L
The question is not if the guard is helping, I think that everybody can make a conclusion that it helps but it has wind drag and that may be the problem. Mine is not hard enough so I can conclude that ONLY real 2mm carbon can help, I cannot carry Phantom woth mine since it bends so this one is no go for me. And I dont see it being so mich wind drag, I mean whole landing gear and gimbal+camera make drag so I just dont see how few of you could even notice that this small addition to the landing gear can make it unstable, battery eater etc.

Here is one real carbon for great price:

Carbon Fiber Gimbal Camera Landing Guard Protect Boards For DJI Phantom 3 RC BA

Doesn't the gimbal touch the Guard during the start-up dance?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik