Gimbal guard for wide landing gear?

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a gimbal guard that will fit with the wide landing gear? Carbon fiber or plastic, either is fine. I would prefer carbon fiber if possible though.

This is what I use...
P2 vertical gimbal lock.JPG

Reactions: GMayberry
Does anyone know where I can find a gimbal guard that will fit with the wide landing gear? Carbon fiber or plastic, either is fine. I would prefer carbon fiber if possible though.

My feel is if the gimbal is less then a quarter inch off the table nothing is going to save it from a hard landing. I have the stock legs on mine for two reasons 1) long legs will not fit in the hard case. 2) the use of snap on landing gear extensions give me 30mm of clearance. Really haven't seen anything on the market for wide landing gear.
IMG_9150.jpg
IMG_9151.jpg

Reactions: LamboH
I broke my gimbal already, and it wasn't a hard landing at all. My back yard is very open, but there is not a single level spot, its all a hill. I have a "landing pad" wooden structure that I use to practice landing on. The other day, I came in a bit crooked, landed very close to the edge, and the landing gear slid off the edge, in turn snapping the gimbal arm. Something this simple is all I am worried about, if I come down hard, I am going to expect some broken stuff! :eek:

I broke my gimbal already, and it wasn't a hard landing at all. My back yard is very open, but there is not a single level spot, its all a hill. I have a "landing pad" wooden structure that I use to practice landing on. The other day, I came in a bit crooked, landed very close to the edge, and the landing gear slid off the edge, in turn snapping the gimbal arm. Something this simple is all I am worried about, if I come down hard, I am going to expect some broken stuff! :eek:

If you haven't replaced the gimbal yet B&H has reduced the price.
DJI Zenmuse H4-3D Gimbal for GoPro HERO4 Black CP.ZM.000145 B&H
For the guard you might try www.shapeways.com and in the search box type in dji phantom accessories they may have what you're looking for.

I was actually able to repair it this time. (luckily) Thanks to a "third hand" and some great epoxy, along with some carbon fiber, it works great again! I will bookmark that page for future use for sure!

Jason,
Thanks for that photo of your P2. I'm relatively new to this forum. Can you tell me where you got your landing gear extensions? Are they heavy? Do they affect the flight at all, due to their added weight or side area?

Thanks
Bob

front-RC-relays.jpg
rear-smoke gens.jpg
stbd-view.jpg
Why would you need a gimbal guard? ...using longer wider legs for skids.I used a case to fit the final product.....aluminium tall square lockable case, fitted sponge where neccessary.
I Only had a bad drop down crash when one of my 'additions' namely a Canbus bypass to control my Walkera 2D gimbal was pressing on the RX boardafter I assembled it and shorted a motor feed with vibration 1mm spacing? aftyer about 90 seconds into flight, dropped uncontrollably & Broke the longer/wider skids 'addition', but camera (SJCam5000+) & gimbal unharmed. Much to be said about G absorption, (airbag, seatbelt)
But flying normally with a P2 , afetr insulating gap between boards with mica sheet, never had a problem even though it now weighs in a 1.51Kg.
additions include led headlamp, miniosd to be replaced with rembizi OSD, 16channel Canbus decoder attached to walkera gimbal and 2 x RC relays for triggering 2 x smoke modules via a 2nd battery using the S2 switch to activate momentarily.
AHHH got verbal dihorea..

l

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl