Geo Fencing

Reaction score
Can some one answer my questions I am new to Go 4 I bought a P4P v2.0 I have flown it a few times. I must now fly a mission in "Class C" I have tested the Airmap set-up even went so far as to get authorization and talked to the ATC expained in was new software testing to be sure everything was in order . Thanked them for their help. Now when I actually do the flight will the Geo Fencing let me fly. Does it get info from Airmap or do I use a different Drone. What is the procedure.

I live within two miles of a class Delta airspace but have yet to fly in controlled airspace.
My advice is to first visit this website to determine if you’ll be granted authorization at your intended flight altitude.

ArcGIS Web Application

Once you input your location you’ll get a map showing altitude restriction at your location

IMG_0291.jpg

Here are some screen shots when I turn my bird on from home.

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

This is the way to unlock the geofence at your particular location.

Like I said, I have yet to fly in sUAS in controlled airspace so do your due diligence and see if anyone on this forum who has can shine some light.

I don’t know for a fact, but, fly the mission with the app that granted the LAANC approval.
That is the app that will be unlocking the geo fence. DJI is an approved supplier of LANNC.
IMG_0300.jpg

I did like if I was going to fly in class Delta airspace in which I am (keep in mind this will only pop up if you’re in class B,C,D, or E airspace). I put the information requested
IMG_0301.jpg

Agreed to terms of service
IMG_0299.jpg

DJI sent pin via text, I entered it then this popped up.
IMG_0302.jpg

I hit cancel as I was not going to fly.

If you’re going to fly AirMap here is link on how to do it.

How to return Automated Authorization with AirMap?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga