Gear Best scam

Reaction score
Purchased the new quiet propellers for my Obsidian from Gear Best.Do NOT BUY THOSE!! Thay are not DJI but cheap knockoff imitation.They have unbalanced hub and the plastic is flimsy and slightly different hub.You can not give feedback on there site which is red flag...Do not buy from Gear Best.You can tell easier by the plastic on the hub.If the hub is not wrapped with plastic guard that you need to remove then they are fake.

The RED flag has always been WAY^^^ WAY^^^ UP for the "NON" Dji props !....sorry about the money loss.

I have had some odd issues with the gearbest website, customer service, paypal link. I can't unsubscribe from the newsletter. It is so bizarre I changed my paypal password after using the gearbest shopping cart. My purchase didn't complete -- thankfully. My two cents: avoid gearbest.

"Gear Best" ? It sounds a lot like "Shock Best", the bait and switch Chinese outfit that was offering a "Splash Drone" for $89.00.

BangGood pulled a nasty trick on it's customers Christmas 2017. The introduced a new quadcopter with GPS and brushless motors for under $100. It sounded like a good deal, but on seeing the listing for it on their own site I noticed the usual flashy adverts were two very amateur photos with worse than usual descriptions which some glaring specifications which differed dependent on where on the page you were reading.

I was sure I'd seen the quad somewhere else and some time ago. Then the penny dropped, it was a quad which hit the market some 3 years preciously and was a complete flop. Very brittle shell and landing gear, poor electronics especially the ESCs and out of balance motors with rusty bearings. I recall there was an uproar when they started falling out of the sky. Luckily I wasn't the only one to spot what was happening. We both asked BangGood, on the quad's listing if the quad was a rebuild or simply left over stock. They removed both comments and refused to answer any questions about them and refused to list feedback on the quad.

I purchased one simply to find out if it was a redesign or something else. Sure enough it was very old stock, obviously stored away in some damp warehouse in the hope people wouldn't remember how bad it was. It sat for over 3 years and it was released just i rime for Christmas shopping. What would the parents of little Johnny know about a 3 year old lemon? Nothing, and they purchased it as a gift for little Johnny and there was nothing we could do to warn people not to buy it. But BangGood sold out or just put them back into storage for another Christmas.

By the way, I did fly it after pulling it apart and changed the rusty bearings which was a lot of fun. Tried to balance the props, but one refused to balance, I think it had a void in the hub itself. Anyway I got it off the ground and discovered the GPS dropped out. I then had more fun resoldering the entire motherboard. It looked as though some oil had contaminated the board prior to being hot dipped. I finally got it as good as it was going to be and did have a flight of sorts, but it was fun trying to keep it airborne. It's now hanging on my bedroom wall with a DNF sticker on it. Do Not Fly. I won't do into their major scam unless someone asks for into on it. It's been running for years and it seems nobody else has spotted it.

Sorry, I forgot. Offroafpyro, I agree, those props aren't only poorly made they're dangerous. I bought a pack of 8 and they will never be used, plus I'd never give them away as a gift to anyone. I'd hate to see them throw a blade and end up in my wife's or my neck or eye. The workmanship is atrocious, putting it mildly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72