Gatwick airport closed due drone reported in area

Sorry but you didn't address my question. Why didn't 4 helicopters equipped with super zoom, long range, high res, thermal imaging camera's, find/track/retrieve any of a multitude of drones sighted? They seem able to follow cars (admittedly bigger) going at much faster speeds, for prolonged periods, both day and night, so i just find it puzzling they couldn't do the same with a slower target that also gives off a significant thermal trace.
Probably that a car is a tonne and a half of metal with 300kgs of iron in the front at temperatures ranging from 80° to 300°. A couple of warm lipos and a handful of electric motors will have a much smaller thermal signatures.

Wow! You are all jumping straight on the Government storyline..
This has ALL the attributes of a FALSE FLAG ATTACK. They are wanting to get public opinion right behind something about a restriction coming up. Maybe a total ban on privately owned Drones.
NOBODY, but nobody would risk an couple of industrial sized , large drones at night and day time flying around doing that sort of thing without an AGENDA. Would YOU risk thousands of pounds worth of your A/C doing that. You might find that the purportrators are back at their base and going off for Christmas leave now. This was orchestrated and purposeful to hit world headlines and show the public that LAWS are NEEDED now. Use your own knowlege about how you could do it the battery backup the logistics and the number of people needed to set it up and still be confident that NOBODY would see you takeoff and land back at night and day. The police looking for you as well..
Sorry but It was either an anti Gatwick expansion plot or something from the government themselves, I go for the latter myself.
Don't for a minute think THEY are beyond doing these things, they certainly are and things have been 'arranged' here before called terror attacks, same as the shooting attack in the states to ban guns as the reason.
DARK FORCES in the background.
I am frightened to get mine out because of the maybe violent reaction, of the moronic public following this. and all the previous reports. BALPA are demanding action because of incidents at 10000' ???????? Big drones going that high??
Big batteries on those to go up that high and get back down again in one piece. They must be big to be seen at 500 mph.
Wait for the outcome, It will not be a good one for us.

Reactions: Ron Dobson
Wow! You are all jumping straight on the Government storyline..
This has ALL the attributes of a FALSE FLAG ATTACK. They are wanting to get public opinion right behind something about a restriction coming up. Maybe a total ban on privately owned Drones.
NOBODY, but nobody would risk an couple of industrial sized , large drones at night and day time flying around doing that sort of thing without an AGENDA. Would YOU risk thousands of pounds worth of your A/C doing that. You might find that the purportrators are back at their base and going off for Christmas leave now. This was orchestrated and purposeful to hit world headlines and show the public that LAWS are NEEDED now. Use your own knowlege about how you could do it the battery backup the logistics and the number of people needed to set it up and still be confident that NOBODY would see you takeoff and land back at night and day. The police looking for you as well..
Sorry but It was either an anti Gatwick expansion plot or something from the government themselves, I go for the latter myself.
Don't for a minute think THEY are beyond doing these things, they certainly are and things have been 'arranged' here before called terror attacks, same as the shooting attack in the states to ban guns as the reason.
DARK FORCES in the background.
I am frightened to get mine out because of the maybe violent reaction, of the moronic public following this. and all the previous reports. BALPA are demanding action because of incidents at 10000' ???????? Big drones going that high??
Big batteries on those to go up that high and get back down again in one piece. They must be big to be seen at 500 mph.
Wait for the outcome, It will not be a good one for us.

You are over estimating the ability of any government officials. Just look at Brexit as an example.

Yeah, I saw it on the TV news tonight about the London thing also showing some video footage of a Phantom puncturing a wing in a 238 mph test crash. Sort of puts to rest the idea a drone cannot do any damage and why they shut the airport down.

Phantom puncturing wing of aircraft.
The wing that they used was a light aircraft one certainly not cabable of those speeds but light construction (22SWG alloy), not the brick outhouses that are commercial jets wings.

Reactions: JohnGleeson
You are over estimating the ability of any government officials. Just look at Brexit as an example.
That is BEING DONE ON PURPOSE to stop it happening, saw that a year ago. The black government does not want it to happen. Cheltenham has the headquarters of the UK/US European dirty tricks dept. and close to the HQ of the SAS who do it for them.

Sorry but you didn't address my question. Why didn't 4 helicopters equipped with super zoom, long range, high res, thermal imaging camera's, find/track/retrieve any of a multitude of drones sighted? They seem able to follow cars (admittedly bigger) going at much faster speeds, for prolonged periods, both day and night, so i just find it puzzling they couldn't do the same with a slower target that also gives off a significant thermal trace.
Assuming that this was a planned and deliberate attempt to disrupt, the perpetrator (or perpetrators) would likely anticipate a number of counter-measure actions including the deployment of police helicopters. And the 40 or so drone incursions took place over a 36 hour time period. They would most probably adopt "guerrilla warfare" tactics of "strike and evade" - supported by the fact that he/she/they were not quickly arrested - whereas a typical crime involving a getaway car is one where the criminals are (in the process of being) "caught in the act". Yesterday's drone episode is new, whereas the car chase scenario has been played out countless times and perfected.

I disagree, how hard can it be to bring down a drone or even find the drone operator. Knowing what type of drone and the range you can gauge the distance, put people on ground and eyes in the sky and nail this ****wad. What you have to question is the drone hater running this operation.
How hard can it be? Three days of airport closure says "pretty hard." How would you track the "operator" if the drone was operating autonomously? If the drone was under human control and had a range of 10 miles the search area would be 315 sq. mi. That includes building interiors, and not just some dude standing in his driveway. Fact is, the Brits are lagging in drone countermeasures.

That said, The Guardian reports that there is a "person of interest."

The UK authorities are not stupid. This is different from, or an extension of, the usual idiot-with-a-drone. The two situations will not be confused by the authorities, though perhaps likely lumped together by the general public.

This is not some conspiracy-against-drones being orchestrated by the Government.

That is BEING DONE ON PURPOSE to stop it happening, saw that a year ago. The black government does not want it to happen. Cheltenham has the headquarters of the UK/US European dirty tricks dept. and close to the HQ of the SAS who do it for them.
Fantasize much?

British police almost managed to catch the drone.

1545409871811.png

Flights from and into Gatwick "temporarily suspended" early evening because of an unconfirmed report of another drone intrusion. This doesn't mean that a drone or drones were actually above the airfield on this occasion, but somebody reported one so caution is the word. More disruption, although hopefully not for long.

I read that this was a professional level drone, not the hobbyist kind like most of us fly. The reasons given were the size and the apparent range of the drone. My take is this was a pro flyer with a serious ax to grind. Where I grew up, you'd just send couple guys from the local skeet club over to the airport. Problem solved. In seriousness, I think it's important to identify the drone model and, if possible, the owner, and give him some hard time with a girlfriend named Brad.

Is it possible to track this drone with a satellites to its landing area, or put people down on the ground listening for props to try and locate it. How about a reward ,this bird has to be louder then a P4P and someone must have heard it taking off or come in for landing. Obviously the UK authorities got their hand full and should ask for some help.

Reactions: 3rdof5
Good question, I wonder if a satelite could even see a drone tho.

Yes you think a radar could find it but apparently drone footprint small and not really visible to air traffic radar which is stupid,,mayby they could get a box of these,, no more drone
20181222_083023.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT