GATWICK AGAIN LOL

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

OMG is this still ongoing
New news email today in me mail,,,what's going on over there,,this bit of a laughing stock now,,NOT for people traveling on flight but wow what those authorities doing,,got all their flash gear standing around ,,why can't software be incorporated into these drones to stop this,,seems rather funny now and had good laugh when I read this but seriously what's going on,,seems they have some insiders causing this from there last report I read,,but no one knows nothing,,I can see this is going to be ongoing and good old Gatwick just loves the attention me think,,stop mucking around and do something before so called drone causes a crash,,then we all in the pool,,,shall I come and sort it for yous who cant
Screenshot_20190430-111536.jpg
Screenshot_20190430-111643.jpg

Don’t yell “drone” in a crowded firehouse.

Or something like that. ;))

On board these size aircraft more than couple in cockpit I presume,why can't a picture be taken of these so called drones,,these planes to also pretty much land themselves so more than enough time to get a picture instead of saying possible drone ,,this part rips my undies ,,again no proof of drone ,,they pretty good at speculation

Reactions: sdileon
On board these size aircraft more than couple in cockpit I presume,why can't a picture be taken of these so called drones,,these planes to also pretty much land themselves so more than enough time to get a picture instead of saying possible drone ,,this part rips my undies ,,again no proof of drone ,,they pretty good at speculation

Even at the relatively low approach speeds the pilots will have only a few seconds at most after seeing it before they have passed a small drone. They would have to be extraordinarily fast with their camera work.

Even at the relatively low approach speeds the pilots will have only a few seconds at most after seeing it before they have passed a small drone. They would have to be extraordinarily fast with their camera work.
Yes good point I did think that after writing,,air speed in m/s is very fast in aircraft,,still why can't they have fixed cam inside for these reasons,something they can playback,,this day in age you think they have something,,if was my plane I put camera in it lol

Sure, they have state of the art anti drone equipment. What do they have to stop plastic bags from flying.

It's a UFO, no it's a drone, no it's another plastic bag.
A long long time ago before DJI was even considered, about 50+ years ago, us kids did not need hi- tech toys to have fun. A ball of string and a poly-bag on a breezy day and we were kept happy as pigs in the gooey stuff for hours. Altitude was limited only to the size of your balls .... of string!
Until a recogniseable picture of a “drone” is published along with these reports, I call it “CRY WOLF!”
HTF can these anti drone weapons be expected to work in relatively short range target acquisition when 100’s if not 1000’s of mobile camera phones cannot take just ONE single photo that casts no doubt that our hobby is heading for the dump!!
Crochet or knitting looks like the next big thing. Anyone want to get in early with banking all the knitting needles before the rush? A fortune awaits!

Crochet or knitting looks like the next big thing. Anyone want to get in early with banking all the knitting needles before the rush? A fortune awaits!
How long before those needles are banned because bad guys are using them as weapons?

I propose selling Govt Certified blunt needles... an additional accessory would be a sharpener . Much like a pencil sharpener only more expensive. :)

Reactions: Offroader
How long before {knitting} needles are banned because bad guys are using them as weapons?
Oh, don't get me started. I flew on El-Al right after 9/11. The idiots manning the X-ray scanner insisted on confiscating my nail clipper, then the flight crew on the plane handed us steak knives for our dinner.

Yes good point I did think that after writing,,air speed in m/s is very fast in aircraft,,still why can't they have fixed cam inside for these reasons,something they can playback,,this day in age you think they have something,,if was my plane I put camera in it lol
How many heavies already have cameras for in-flight entertainment? The A380 I flew on last week had three. Two forward views and one straight down. Shouldn't be that tough to give them loop recording capability, eh?

How many heavies already have cameras for in-flight entertainment? The A380 I flew on last week had three. Two forward views and one straight down. Shouldn't be that tough to give them loop recording capability, eh?

Apparently, ridiculous though it may sound, the airlines have been required to disable cameras and recording due to privacy concerns under the flight path.

OK only 1.Um where to put it ?...wow I didn't know that about privacy issues with planes ,,,I would make that compulsory similar to car dash cam..just a thought,,,
20190505_142724.jpg

So that’s what was mis-identified in the latest drone sighting scare!
I can see how easily the mistake could happen.

BTW, the guys who empty the Jobby Wheechir must be on double time to get the “job” (so to speak) done in time for the turnaround.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1