FYI-know your rights!

If I ever need help,
for the safety of me, my family, friends, or anyone,
I'd call the local law enforcement EVERY TIME.

While he was right, he was also a bit of a jerk. The first cop was a little jerky too, though. The sergeant displayed an unusual degree of patience; their job is a thankless one and not all law enforcement is capable of continuing to respond to jerky behavior with such patience; it was frustrating that the drone pilot wasn't a bit more thankful to the sergeant since he was going so far as to apologize.

Like everything else, don't do stupid stuff that will cause a reaction. Enjoy the nearly limitless freedoms we do have to fly drones; don't test the envelope like this.

Reactions: matti and dirkclod
To be honest, I did not know this was even about a drone until the end of the video. Only after watching it, this forum came to mind as the best place to pass it on.

I am not about being a confrontational flyer at all. (I do disagree we have limitless freedom where to use them, but that is entirely another topic.) But at the same time, exercising to your civil rights is not being "jerky" either. However a policeman demanding a law abiding citizen to provide ID or explain what they are doing (which is not in their power to do so), is discerning.

The issue is about the civil rights people have in this country. I don't think most people understand these rights with regards to police interaction and would be intimidated. I was just making this available so people could learn about these rights. If you want to provide this information because it was requested, by all means do it. Personally I prefer to keep my business private and secure. Just know your rights beforehand and make your own decision.

The sergeant did the right thing to apologize, and I applaud him for it. But the fact is, this issue should not even have come up. I don't see where the drone operator did anything but be polite and respectful to him.

Reactions: 10X

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik