FYI......Autopilot for DJI 2.0 (24)

Maybe I've missed this but is there a way to just simulate the flight? I see the path inspector but it would be great to be able to simulate the flight to get a better feeling for the rate at which routes will be flown and rotations at trigger points will occur. Great Job and Great app though!

Reactions: lenmcgilvary
Maybe I've missed this but is there a way to just simulate the flight? I see the path inspector but it would be great to be able to simulate the flight to get a better feeling for the rate at which routes will be flown and rotations at trigger points will occur. Great Job and Great app though!
Yes, i would like to know that too

Great changes. Super impressed that you guys add things that almost in a day or two after receiving feedback.
Keep it up, i have never seen anything like it.

I really like that you added in settings the option to turn on/off elements in the flight map.
The issues is that its clonky to go back and forth to settings while planning. It is when you are planning that you want to clear up the gui Might i suggest that you add in a number of "dots" with different colors in the top right corner of the flight map and when you press a color you toggle those elements. That way you dont have to stop planning when you want to clear the field of view.

Reactions: Milo223
Can't believe I asked about simulating flight yesterday and got it today! Thanks santa clause! Keep up the great work!

please add - draw your mission as waypoints - ;)
This is already possible. Once you have at least one waypoint created, the app will then render a drawing marker and the start and end of the path which you can long press and then drag. After you let go, another dialog will appear prompting you for the number of waypoints to use to create the path.

Thanks.
I don't consider that a draw in the sense that I mean from a recent competitor that lets you draw freely on map. Which is converted to a waypoint mission. Without long clicks.
But good to know it does something similar.

Thanks.
I don't consider that a draw in the sense that I mean from a recent competitor that lets you draw freely on map. Which is converted to a waypoint mission. Without long clicks.
The issue with the way some of the other offerings allow you to draw is that you can only draw one path. The way Autopilot does it allows for inserting or appending multiple path segments. Dragging the drawing marker is effectively the same as free-form drawing once you have the marker picked up.

Thanks.
I dont understand. I tested all competitors and according to me this app do exactly this, you press the plus and draw your path and it gets converted to waypoints

Can you elaborate, seems i missed out on functionality in litchi/fpvcamera/airnest since i think autopilot do the exact same thing when it comes to drawing paths. It even does some stuff better. Sure the interface is different but i cant see any major differences in functionality.

The downside is that you cant upload the path to the bird for truly autonomous flights.

Last edited:
The issue with the way some of the other offerings allow you to draw is that you can only draw one path. The way Autopilot does it allows for inserting or appending multiple path segments. Dragging the drawing marker is effectively the same as free-form drawing once you have the marker picked up.

Well Ive signed up to your beta program today on ios to get hopefully get a better chance to see..

I dont understand. I tested all competitors and according to me this app do exactly this, you press the plus and draw your path and it gets converted to waypoints

Can you elaborate, seems i missed out on functionality in litchi/fpvcamera/airnest since i think autopilot do the exact same thing when it comes to drawing paths. It even does some stuff better. Sure the interface is different but i cant see any major differences in functionality.

The downside is that you cant upload the path to the bird for truly autonomous flights.
Hopefully ill let you know if we mean the same thing

[QUOTE="

The downside is that you cant upload the path to the bird for truly autonomous flights.[/QUOTE]

Interested in this point you mean you need to have rc connection to aircraft
unilke others that will finish the mission if rc signal lost?

Will you support ipad 4 mini with cellular eventually
the mini 4 has a barometer and latest cpu ?

Will you support ipad 4 mini with cellular eventually
the mini 4 has a barometer and latest cpu ?
I have iPad mini4 cellular. Autopilot works fine with its barometer.

Wow. Totally sweet. That's what I'm talking about. Can you set your points first on the ground and curve and bezel or do you have to fly a route first and then alter those points. Does it I clue an altitude feature? What is the lowest altitude way point can be flown. I like 6 to 10 foot flight for various street level shots. Currently GO is limited to 33 feet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31