Futaba T14SG

Reaction score
Hello there,
I wonder if any one is able to help me out. I just purchase the Futaba 14SG and am wondering if anyone else has been able to set it up for use with the Phantom. I have looked through all the videos that HPI guy did on the Futaba T8J, which are great, and the settings that he has adopted. Unfortunately navigating the menu on the 14SG is in my opinion a little more complicated than the T8J. Still trying to perfect the settings and figure it all out. Would love to hear if anyone else has been using this transmitter at all and what settings they are using.

Cheers
Stu

I've set mine up with the Futaba 8FG, just followed read a few guides, but once you understand the menus and sticks, you'll figure it all out easily.
If you look at the remote, I'm guessing each switch is marked with SA SB SD etc, this is how you can chose which switch to use for each channel.

When connected to the Naza software, you can also use the RC screen to check what the sticks does, check what's not working as intended and do a few changes to try and fix it. (Reverse said changes if it doesnt help before trying something else.)

Cheers Eik,
Main issue is I don't seem to be able to find the actual section in the menus to assign the switches. The T8J had the aux-channel set in the menu but I am unable to find it on the T14. Great radio just not so intuitive for me on the menu side.
Thanks again though
Stu

All sorted now, spent ages trying to figure it all out. Finally got the answer that the Phantom software doesn't support the new 14SG, there is no current firmware update for it as yet. Had to re-wire the machine, old school, so that it would recognise it. All seems to be working a treat now, with various sensors attached.

Sounds strange.. Did you setup your RX to s-bus mode, and select d-bus in the naza?

Eik said:
Sounds strange.. Did you setup your RX to s-bus mode, and select d-bus in the naza?

If that doesn't work check to see if you plugged the Naza into the correct port. The R7008SB reciever has 2 s-bus ports. One for Naza, the other for telemetry.

Thanks for the thoughts guys, did all this but didn't get anything working on the software side of the Phantom. Just managed to get out and test everything and all works perfectly. I will try and have another play later with settings but the feedback from the guys across the border was that it wouldn't work yet? I live in Hong Kong and know some people at DJI. Didn't make sense to me what was being said, but rolled with it for now. Was hoping to get the T14 set up in prep for a test version of the Gopro gimbal. Very happy with the unit now, as a few days of cursing got it all of my system.
Really appreciate the help though.
Stu

Eik said:
I've set mine up with the Futaba 8FG, just followed read a few guides, but once you understand the menus and sticks, you'll figure it all out easily.
If you look at the remote, I'm guessing each switch is marked with SA SB SD etc, this is how you can chose which switch to use for each channel.

When connected to the Naza software, you can also use the RC screen to check what the sticks does, check what's not working as intended and do a few changes to try and fix it. (Reverse said changes if it doesnt help before trying something else.)

Could you please share your 8FG config file? I've been messing with it for days now and i just cant get everything to function how i want in it. I'm Ok on will all other aspects of configuration in Naza, i just need a working 8FG profile for my controller.
Thank you very much.

I ordered the 14SG a few days ago, and also ordered a R6208SB that I will use in the Phantom, The R7008SB that comes with the Tx, will not work with the Naza M as of yet, from what I've read elsewhere. I don't know if the latest FW update has resolved this, as it was with the WooKong earlier & the R7008SB.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj