Full clip on propeller guards

Reaction score
Mortar Art is now selling full clip on propeller guards, via Shapeways in Nylon or as a private sale in PLA plastic for $45. Private sales are printed on demand, in red, white or black. Send an email to [email protected] for an invoice, including the following information:

Billing / Shipping address
Your preference for registered post ($8aud)
Colour preferences

Thank you for the tip. When I ordered my Phantom 2, plus gimbal, I also ordered a taller landing gear and prop guards. It took installing the landing gears before I realized it wouldn't fit in my $100 metal carrying case! Neither would the prop guards.

I thought once I finally set up my 3D printer, I would make some clip on prop guards. It seems someone beat me to it. But, that is fine as I have many other Phantom things to build!

My only concern is if the guard did made contact with a hard surface, would they dislodge and actually cause more damage by making contact with the props.

Contact is most likely to be in a lateral direction, which is just going to push the guard in to the arm. I tend to find that I need to use a lot of force to cause them to lift upwards, and it has to be directionally appropriate. I believe the amount of force that I'm using is so much that no type of prop guards would help you.

Sorry wasn't meaning to degrade your product, was just putting a link up to show how effective the idea was, its something as a newbie I'm considering buying when I get my Vision unit

And the advantage of yours is that the guards are intergrated into the design which is way better than attaching your existing prop guards to some moulded plastic,

Do you sell and send to us Brits, seriously considering a set ?

Silly question - Do these fit the Phantom 2

Order sent. Invoice received already (Wow. Fast service). Invoice paid.
Thanks for what looks like a great solution to the PITA of the quad not fitting in the Go Professional Case while wearing guards, but guards being stupidly fiddly to take on and off.

I love mine.
I'm now using prop guards almost all the time, where before I could never be bothered.
Very very easy to install and remove. Loved that I could order different colours without having to fart around with dying them or painting them. I could continue my black and red theme when I ordered them. Even the propellers now match them.

Can't say how tough they are, as I've still never crashed, not even bumped into something, but they clip on nice and tightly, and you'd have to hit something stupidly hard to dislodge them, and if you've hit that hard, I think your prop guards are the least of your worries. They certainly FEEL as if they'd be tough enough to handle the average stuff - tipover on landing, bump a tree/wall, etc.

And the huge advantage of course is how quick and easy they are to put on and take off. If the wind comes up and you want to remove them (these are less affected by wind than the bigger fatter DJI ones) you could come in to land, whip them off, and be back in the air in just moments.

Attachments

• IMG_0058a.jpg
    IMG_0058a.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 470

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic