From 4k/60 to 1080/60

Reaction score
hello everyone
i had to drop my video setting on my DJI P4Pro From 4k/60 to 1080/60, due to my editing platform is a macbook air (2011) with 60GB the process to Edit a Video it takes a long time to process and also running out of space while converting the video file. the only thing i can upgrade is the ssd, it will help on space running out space issue ,but i think my cpu is to slow to process 4k/60 video any suggestion thank you. see stats macbook air below

MacBookAir4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 1.6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
ntel HD Graphics 3000:
Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 3000
SSD 60GB

Yep your prob right here. But have you tried using proxy files to edit with? Are you using Premier Pro or something diff? How much video card do you have? Like how many Rams on it? The video card has to be smoking to play these files. But you can use Proxy files to edit your footage and then render the full res when your edit is done.

Yep your prob right here. But have you tried using proxy files to edit with? Are you using Premier Pro or something diff? How much video card do you have? Like how many Rams on it? The video card has to be smoking to play these files. But you can use Proxy files to edit your footage and then render the full res when your edit is done.

thank you for quick reply , well i checked the video card i thinks is a Intel HD Graphics 3000 288 MB and the app I'm using is iMovie and i have no idea how to proxy files to edit I'm going to google it and lean how.. again thank you for your quick reply

Reactions: KevMo Photog
thank you for quick reply , well i checked the video card i thinks is a Intel HD Graphics 3000 288 MB and the app I'm using is iMovie and i have no idea how to proxy files to edit I'm going to google it and lean how.. again thank you for your quick reply
If that card only has 288 mb of ram it's gonna be tough I would think. Most machines now can handle up to 32 or more GB of Ram now. But Proxy files won't work in Imovie anyway I don't think. I-Movie is great for quick edits though. Been on Premier Pro for 7-8 months now. Quite a learning curve but man it is great software! But it also ain't cheap! LOL 30 bucks a month just for Premier pro!

Reactions: andyca57
If that card only has 288 mb of ram it's gonna be tough I would think. Most machines now can handle up to 32 or more GB of Ram now. But Proxy files won't work in Imovie anyway I don't think. I-Movie is great for quick edits though. Been on Premier Pro for 7-8 months now. Quite a learning curve but man it is great software! But it also ain't cheap! LOL 30 bucks a month just for Premier pro!

Again thanks for the quick reply and the information

In terms of processing power, the air will work with 4k footage if you convert the DJI footage to Apple's ProRes. It takes up 10x the space, so you will need a big external drive to handle it.

You might want to consider Adobe Premiere Elements 15 for $69 this week. It supports 4k and offers adequate editing support for non professional use. There are comparison videos of Pro vs. Elements features in YouTube. However I think you'll still need a better computer if you want faster render times. That, and the storage space issue are key reasons I shoot 1080x60fps all the time, not to mention I don't have a 4k display to view with yet.

You might want to consider Adobe Premiere Elements 15 for $69 this week. It supports 4k and offers adequate editing support for non professional use. There are comparison videos of Pro vs. Elements features in YouTube. However I think you'll still need a better computer if you want faster render times. That, and the storage space issue are key reasons I shoot 1080x60fps all the time, not to mention I don't have a 4k display to view with yet.
I just picked up a 4K LG 65in Tom. It rocks man. So fun to view our footage on this baby!

I just picked up a 4K LG 65in Tom. It rocks man. So fun to view our footage on this baby!
Yeah, tell me about. I bought an 70" Sharp 1080 about 3yrs ago and can't figure out how to make room for the 80" 4K. Hah. I need a burglar to come by my house and steal it from my living room, to justify buying another TV. After all, it's only a misdemeanor here in California if a burglar is caught with less than $1000 in stolen goods when robbing someone. It's like a traffic ticket! That's how screwed up California is today. However, in my house they'll be shot dead if I catch an unknown burglar, because I'll fear for my life seeing an uninvited stranger in my home. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to justify a 4K soon. Maybe my son can use the 1080 TV at his house. Hmm.

Yeah, tell me about. I bought an 70" Sharp 1080 about 3yrs ago and can't figure out how to make room for the 80" 4K. Hah. I need a burglar to come by my house and steal it from my living room, to justify buying another TV. After all, it's only a misdemeanor here in California if a burglar is caught with less than $1000 in stolen goods when robbing someone. It's like a traffic ticket! That's how screwed up California is today. However, in my house they'll be shot dead if I catch an unknown burglar, because I'll fear for my life seeing an uninvited stranger in my home. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to justify a 4K soon. Maybe my son can use the 1080 TV at his house. Hmm.
My God! Only a misdemeanor! Wow! Your gonna freak on the 4K's man. First TV I've bought in 11 years. And my old 1080 Samsung Projection TV still works fine btw. So it went to the bedroom.

Wow that's pricey! I sue powerdirector 15 for a 1 off payment of £50!
It does everything and very easy to use.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj