FPV Customs

Reaction score
Hello again...
So I shelled out $400 on a boosted FPV Custom antenna expecting to get 5-8 times greater range than stock antennas. I'm averaging 2500-4900 feet. One day I managed to fly 1.7 miles before I lost signal and the bird started to return. I know distance is limited in metropolitan areas. There are trees and hills, homes with wifi and power towers I get it, but I see videos posted on YouTube in urban areas with crazy distances. I'm not trying to travel as far but it would be nice after the investment to do more than 1.7 miles. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've not yet traveled to the suburbs or rural areas of town to test things out. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: Sprtbkryder
One word, Location. Has all to do with it. Here where I'm at I can only go about 2 miles in three directions and one direction I can go 6 miles. I would try another location and you should be able to see the difference.

Thanks Sprtbkryder... Just wonder how YouTube posters are traveling so far in urban cities, over houses, and trees. One guy is in Beverly Hills, another in flies over a residential area in Long Beach. Uhgggg [emoji28]

Thanks Sprtbkryder... Just wonder how YouTube posters are traveling so far in urban cities, over houses, and trees. One guy is in Beverly Hills, another in flies over a residential area in Long Beach. Uhgggg [emoji28]
Hey I've wondered that myself sometimes too. A lot of the guys that are posting the big numbers if you'll notice most of them are in Florida. Flat lands with no trees. That would be nice.

Try this if you haven't already:

1. Select a custom channel that has the least traffic.
2. After setting the channel, set the transmission quality to 4mbps, using the same screen.
3. Consider installing the 32ch hack and fly channel 30, 31 or 32.

These steps can increase range.

Reactions: Jimmers
Try this if you haven't already:

1. Select a custom channel that has the least traffic.
2. After setting the channel, set the transmission quality to 4mbps, using the same screen.
3. Consider installing the 32ch hack and fly channel 30, 31 or 32.

These steps can increase range.
Yes this is definitely a must have mod/hack.
Wifi doesn't use channels 25-32 so no interference when using one of those. Set mine to 32 and have never changed.

I've been using channel 24 but I didn't know that about channels 25-32. Thanks for the info!

Could someone post a link with instructions on how to get all 32 channels in the Go 4 app? I can only seem to find videos showing you how to do it on the old Go app. Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik