FPV Booster for Vision (non-Plus) Available

Re: FPV Booster for Vision (non-plus) Beta Testing

ProfessorStein said:
I'll just sit here, with my Android device, drooling.
It depends, Android version might release earlier than iOS as long as we finished the beta testing. iOS version may take 2-4 weeks for approval, while Android needs only 1-2 days.

Boost app. link worked fine. Installed app. on iPhone 5. Connected boost app. to phantom wifi but app. hangs during boosting. Here are the exact steps I used.

1. downloaded boost app. to iphone 5. ok
2. Turned on controller, RE500 and Phantom. ok
3. Connected iphone to Phantom wifi. ok
4. Pushed boost button on app. Connecting icon appears. ok
5. Boosting icon appears and RE500 system light is flashing. ok
6. waiting 5 minutes + but no other icon appears. still have boosting icon.
7. Checked DJI app. Everything ok. 10 satellites. Good FPV.

Tried above procedure several times with same result. What am I doing wrong? lol.

enterprise1 said:
Boost app. link worked fine. Installed app. on iPhone 5. Connected boost app. to phantom wifi but app. hangs during boosting. Here are the exact steps I used.

Tried above procedure several times with same result. What am I doing wrong? lol.
Nothing wrong, after you click BOOST button and will get "Your FPV is boosted. Open DJI VISION app now to prepare takeoff. Happy flying!" message after a few seconds. Then open/switch to VISION app and fly.

Take a look of this video
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGOfdoIKUKg[/youtube]

PVFlyer said:
enterprise1 said:

Nothing wrong, After you clicked BOOST button and get "Your FPV is boosted. Open DJI VISION app now to prepare takeoff. Happy flying!" message after a few seconds. Open/switch to VISION app and fly.

Take a look of this video
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGOfdoIKUKg[/youtube]
Don't get the "your fpv is boosted" message. hangs up on "boosting message"

enterprise1 said:
Did you get "BOOSTING" message hanging there forever? What iDevice and iOS version are you using? Did you try to fly it anyway and see any difference?

I suspect "Your FPV is boosted..." message couldn't show up somehow on some iDevice.

PVFlyer said:
enterprise1 said:
Did you get "BOOSTING" message hanging there forever? What iDevice and iOS version are you using? Did you try to fly it anyway and see any difference?

I suspect "Your FPV is boosted..." message couldn't show up somehow on some iDevice.

Yes boosting message stayed forever. I used iPhone 5 and IOS 8.0. Didn't try to fly. Wanted to test at home before flying.

Geert said:
PVFlyer said:
Can other beta testers confirm whether you see "Your FPV is boosted..." message at your home?

Yes, I can confirm. The app is NOT working.

Geert./.
Are you also on iOS 8? It's likely the message cannot be displayed properly (or something else) on iOS 8 and stuck the BOOSTING process. I will let my buddy to check it on iPhone 6 / iOS 8.

Geert said:
Here is a screenshot.
This message stayed there, so after a few minutes I switched back to the DJI app and did the flight because I thought the app was working. It was not working , lost FPV 300-350 meters.

Geert./.
Thanks for the screenshot. It's NOT boosting without "Your FPV is boosted..." message. Will fix it and get back to you later.

Geert said:
PVFlyer said:
Thanks for the screenshot. It's NOT boosting without "Your FPV is boosted..." message. Will fix it and get back to you later.

Probably just a small bug in the code.

:)

Geert./.
It's a compatibility issue of a message component on iOS 8, though we tested it on iOS 8 simulator. It works fine on both iOS 7.0 & 7.1.

enterprise1, Geert,

Can you download & install a new build at the same link https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1830957/fpv-booster-beta/vision.html dated 2014-09-20? We added some debugging steps & information to this build. You may run the booster at home to test it first.

Did you ever change root password of either repeater or aircraft?

Geert said:
PVFlyer said:
enterprise1, Geert,

Can you download & install a new build at the same link https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1830957/fpv-booster-beta/vision.html dated 2014-09-20? We added some debugging steps & information to this build. You may run the booster at home to test it first.

I never changed any password.
Still cannot connect.
The cycles from "connecting" - "boosting" - "retry" goes 3 times and then the message "cannot connect" appears.
See pictures.

Geert./.
Did it ever show % during BOOSTING, such as BOOSTING...10%?

UDID sent. Awaiting further instructions. Glad the non plus is getting some love on this booster thing like the plus did.

PVFlyer said:
enterprise1, Geert,

Ok downloaded new app. Have not changed root password. Pushed the boost button on new booster app.

messages are connecting and then boosting 10%,20%, 30%, 40%, 50%, 60%, retries 4 times, than message can't connect to extender. Opened DJI app. with good FPV. Hope this helps.

PVFlyer said:
Geert said:
Yes, exactly at 60%
How do you know?

:lol:

Geert./.
Can you download, install & run the app again? It would capture all errors, responses, etc. right below the BOOST button.

Same as before but last message is can't connect to range extender #108.
Geert is just faster then me. lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers