Found: Phantom 4, Moab

Reaction score
I am a newb drone enthusiast that spends a good time of my year in Moab, UT as a seasonal worker. And I really enjoy adventures! I stumbled across a "lost drone Moab" posting at the local Moab Gear Traders website:

Drone - Moab Gear Trader

So yesterday I set out to try and recover it. 5 hours after heading out, I had successfully located the Phantom 4! It is mostly intact, SD card is there, have not looked at it yet. It even has the FAA registration # in the battery box. But nothing else, and the lost drone listing has no contact info. I went to the Gear Trader to see if there was any way of locating an email for the person who posted it with no luck. Even tried posting my own listing, as I am doing here. If anyone knows someone that lost their Phantom 4 over the summer in Moab, please get in touch with me, will use the FAA # to identify the owner if needed. Thanks for any help!
IMG_20181010_170806_509.jpg

Too bad.....a few pre printed address labels were not slipped inside the battery area or taped to the flat back side of the camera. in a water proof packet like mine is...as the owner could be easily located and called...it only takes a few minutes to do this !...Hope the owner is found thru the FAA numbers ect....Thanks for your post ShadetreeJB.

Wow, great idea to put one of those pre printed return address labels in/on the drone. Don't we all get those in our junk mail, especially around Christmas?

Reactions: DKG13CC
Yip note to all ,its not hard to label or get the pen out
I just use waterproof label maker,easy and if I lose I have a chance of them being returned,,common sense,we label our kids clothing , a drone worth 50times more and no details on it..it's like being on a Boeing aircraft with no name,I wonder how many fly that airline,good on ya ShadetreeJB for finding it,hope you can find the owner, if not buy a remote and fly it,owners fault for not marking it,,I don't want to sound mean but finders keepers in this case if no luck with finding owner
20181012_093408.jpg

@ShadetreeJB,

Did you post a reply on: Drone - Moab Gear Trader

I didn't see it?

Rod

I have been trying to, even went to the establishment, but it seems they have disabled comments... So I posted a found listing on their page as well, hoping the owner checks in at some point...

Also made a posting on social media, Instagram, that I went out and located it, have a few drone enthusiast followers.

If anyone knows if any other locations I can report it found I am open to suggestion. Last resort I guess is turning it over to the local authorities for them to get the legwork done, just worried it won't and this will end up on a shelf collecting dust somewhere instead of being returned to it's owner.. maybe I shouldn't have such a lack of faith in them. Thanks for all who have replied, and I am definitely affixing labels with personal info on my own personal drones!

I agree with you 100%.on all the above ;)...Hey maybe the PD or sheriffs dept can IF they cant come UP with the owner..they can maybe use it for a " Search n Rescue " missions......Good For you on the information labels....I hope i have encouraged many to do that.....ONLY takes a few minutes to not have months of grief over a lost drone with NO owner Information attached to it ! its not a Funny thing to do at all ! Shadetree thanks for your honesty ......many sure don't have that nice quality now days !.....i drove down the street where a bank is....and i found a Big bag of money out in the road....guess some one layed it on top the car and maybe put the kid in the baby seat and drove of.....the bank was closed so.... i took it to the closest PD that i could find....and I thought the same as you did... :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan