Found Phantom 2

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm brand new to these forums and i have some questions for the knowledgeable.

I recently found a phantom 2 vision on a jobsite where i was working at about a month and a half ago. My interest was piqued immediately when i picked it up and looked it over. I had left my name/phone number with the jobsite super so anyone who feels they lost the item could call me and retrieve it as long as they gave me the model number/serial numbers. No one called so now im interested in purchasing the rest of the items to make the drone functional. I've tried to contact the DJI help but the loss of translation is unbearable. So here's what i have. The Drone only with the battery. What do i need to purchase? Where site should i get it from? Is there any other information i'll need?

thanks for all the help in advance

did you ever look on Craigs list to see if any one posted a lost phantom lost drone or lost quadcoper post?

I've looked on ebay and craigs list for parts, never looked for or noticed a lost drone post. The area i found it in is really "well off" area with disposable income. If someone's spoiled kid lost it odds are they have a new one by now or something upgraded. I left my number with the builder on the jobsite and everyone there knows that i found one and knows who i am and how to contact me. Its been 6 weeks with not even a message and ive been back to the job multiple times. I think it was some snooty neighbor or their spoiled kid wanting to see what was going on at the job and instead of walking over they sent a drone. Either way ive done my part and am willing to return it to whomever lost it. I dont think anyone will come looking for it. so now i want to play with the **** thing! I really dont know what i need to purchase and where the best place is to get the items i need. Thats why i came to this forum for some help.

I know i need a controller, battery charger, and the wifi extender. Is there specific things i should be looking for? Is there anything else i need? Have there been better parts that have come out since then i should look into?

Thanks again fellas

Well if it was a fly away it could of come from some place a few miles away and not likely any one would know to go right to the site and ask if any one seen there phantom. or have any idea were it went other then some place in the general direction they last seen it booking off from. and then going till the batty died and auto landed. and some thing that can fly about 50 MPH can go pretty far before the battery is dead.

But I sure by now who ever lost it even if they looked for it has considered it a goner. Tho I dont think it was some kids being even well off kids parents dont usually buy them the top of the line adult 18 years or over non toys. These are far from toys. If any thing it was one of them well off kids dads phantom. lol

But to be able to fly it you will first need a 5.8ghz transmitter. To be able to control it. a phantom 2 or phantom vision charger to charge the battery. and to use the camera you will need a phantom 2 vision range extender.

Tho if you dont know why it flew away or auto landed you could be the next person to spend some $$ on it and it ending up being found by some one else a few miles away after it decides to take off of and auto land.

Btw is there a sd card in the camera????? if so i bet there is a good change its got video on it from its last flight. You might even be able to see what direction it came from and were it took off of. There might be some good footage on it to.

Good advice, j.james, I would also encourage crash to try to find the owner. There could be a reward and crash could get his own compete set. I put my phone number on the battery, BTW, binding the system requires the QR code off the box. :roll:

Fplvert said:
Good advice, j.james, I would also encourage crash to try to find the owner. There could be a reward and crash could get his own compete set. I put my phone number on the battery, BTW, binding the system requires the QR code off the box. :roll:

yes but he can't find the owner he can call DJI and they will give him one for his cam ..

Thank you so much for the replies. As for finding the owner, ive done more than enough as far as thats concerned. When i found it, the drone was upside down in the path of backing up 10 wheelers loaded with fill which would have made the drone flat as a piece of paper. As for top of the line toys for people in that area, yes, i wouldnt be surprised if it was just forgotten about. The area in question is the "illustrious" hamptons of long island and ive removed gunite swimming pools valued upwards of 100k USD just so they can move it over, and im literally not joking, 6 inches.

So with that extra information what do you guys think i should do. The drone have enough power to turn on and cycle thru its startup routine and seemed ok from the little knowledge ive gleaned from youtube and here.

And what about the QR code binding. Is there going to be a problem when i call DJI? I mean, i really want to make this work. Ive seen many cool videos and pictures and i'd love to make a video portfolio for the work that i do with it. Or should i just forget the whole thing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Again, thank you for all the replys and help

I think the gr code you will need will be the one on the new range extender if you get one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl