Followed all the instructions to fix horizon, does this picture look off?

Reaction score
DJI_0003_zpsf5armc7h.jpg

Yeah, the horizon is a little off. Nothing post production cant fix. Anyone have suggestions for fixing horizon?

Not all horizons or level. If the land to one side of the photo is higher than the land to the other side of the photo the horizon will not look level. Only when you're looking at the ocean should you always see a truly level horizon. One way I found to check this is to spin slowly completely around and watch the edges of the horizon against the edges of the screen to see if one side always stays higher than the other side

Not all horizons or level. If the land to one side of the photo is higher than the land to the other side of the photo the horizon will not look level. Only when you're looking at the ocean should you always see a truly level horizon. One way I found to check this is to spin slowly completely around and watch the edges of the horizon against the edges of the screen to see if one side always stays higher than the other side

ahhh! I think i am ok then. I thought maybe it was an intermittent problem since i could see that sometimes it was level but then I would rotate the bird and it would look off.

I did the IMU calibration and gimbal autolevel thing or whatever it is called and did a compass calibration before I flew. so unless I see some major issues I am going to assume that everything is working correctly and that in the case of the picture I posted the horizon is suppose to look like that.

There is quite a bit of discussion on this. Rotating or moving sideways at this point does cause the gimbal to become off-level on some occasions. I think we're all experiencing this.

The IMU calibration tips (starting with a cool bird, etc) help, but there are still problems after rotation or moving sideways.

Jacob is right - for now we can fix in post production, but hopefully a solution will come from DJI soon.

Chris

There is quite a bit of discussion on this. Rotating or moving sideways at this point does cause the gimbal to become off-level on some occasions. I think we're all experiencing this.

The IMU calibration tips (starting with a cool bird, etc) help, but there are still problems after rotation or moving sideways.

Jacob is right - for now we can fix in post production, but hopefully a solution will come from DJI soon.

Chris

Happened to me mid flight this afternoon. First few pictures were level. After changing positions the horizon is off 10ish degrees.

the aerial quadcopter world is changing dramatically with multiple entries the market. Complaining about slightly tweaked edges in your photo belittles and reduces the revolution to a marginalised uninspired view of the revolution taking place.

Last edited by a moderator:
the aerial quadcopter world is changing dramatically with multiple entries the market. Complaining about slightly tweaked edges in your photo belittles and reduces the revolution to a marginalised uninspired view of the revolution taking place. Take the spood fed American view out of your mouth, man up, learn your craft and adjust accordingly. Really?
Hello & welcome to the forum. Please tone down your responses to other members, especially when you are not offering an answer to them.
Here is a link to the rules, please familiarize yourself with them. Thanks! ;) - Community Rules

the aerial quadcopter world is changing dramatically with multiple entries the market. Complaining about slightly tweaked edges in your photo belittles and reduces the revolution to a marginalised uninspired view of the revolution taking place. Take the spood fed American view out of your mouth, man up, learn your craft and adjust accordingly. Really?

Mellow out dude, I was asking if the horizon looked right. S

Last edited by a moderator:
Mellow out dude, I was asking if the horizon looked right. So take the thumb out of your troll ***, shut up, and learn to read and post accordingly... really.

Jay you have to change your name to "Assertive Jay" now that you've stood up for yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the aerial quadcopter world is changing dramatically with multiple entries the market. Complaining about slightly tweaked edges in your photo belittles and reduces the revolution to a marginalised uninspired view of the revolution taking place.
What the heck? Where did that come from???

everyone who owns a P3 is silver spoon fed :)
I crack myself up!

haha I earned the right to be spoon fed **** it, I did my hard time with crappy drones and crashes. lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers