Follow me Satellite Signal too weak

Reaction score
I've seen this question in a few other forums. I'm using a iPad setup without any cellular data. Is this the reason I'm getting this error message?

I've seen this question in a few other forums. I'm using a iPad setup without any cellular data. Is this the reason I'm getting this error message?
Welcome to the forum!

If you are using a wifi only iPad (no cellular ability at all) it does not have GPS which means no GPS at the RC for the P3 to follow.
If you are using a cellular capable iPad and simply have no data, the GPS in the iPad should work so there must be something else wrong.

My guess is that you have a wifi only iPad since we've had this asked many dozens of times so it's a common question / issue.

DJI's wording in the message is confusing.
They say Weak GPS signal but it means No GPS Signal.
If you see that message you either have no GPS receiver in the iPad, or you have the GPS receiver turned off or you are under a roof etc that's blocking signal.

I use a iPhone 7 it has wifi and data ect I can get it to connect but as soon as I try to move, it drops out I’ve tried holding the Re at all sorts of weird angles flying the bird basically on my head or several meters away all ending up with a poor signal or signal disconnect I don’t really use it but I’m kinda glad it’s not only me

Welcome to the forum!

If you are using a wifi only iPad (no cellular ability at all) it does not have GPS which means no GPS at the RC for the P3 to follow.
If you are using a cellular capable iPad and simply have no data, the GPS in the iPad should work so there must be something else wrong.

My guess is that you have a wifi only iPad since we've had this asked many dozens of times so it's a common question / issue.
Ok. Thanks for the advice. I tried using my iPhone 8 and got the same message. Is there a setting on the phone that needs to change?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic