Follow me mode?

Reaction score
I'm wondering if this mode is aviable in P3. I've made some research and it seems that this mode was available in P2V as you can see
on this film. Well I cant find any info how to activate that mode in P3. If my question is childish, I'm sorry, I'm kind of noob in phantom world.

Or.. if it's not available in Pilot App, are there third parties reliable apps?

Not available at this time -- but supposed to be coming soon.

Well, today I've checked manual again and there are other modes unavailable in Pilot app : Home lock and POI. I have GPS signal, I've changed switch position and enabled other modes in the app so that modes should be available.

Enable IOC within the pilot app. BUT, read the manual again and watch some YouTube vids. They convey the modes far better than I can express in words

I can't access other IOC modes except Course Lock.

1) I turned on Pilot app, controller and the P3
2) wait for enough number of satelites
3) enabled IOC and Multiple Fight Modes (MC Settings -> Advanced Settings)
4) turn on the switch to F mode

Only IOC mode is Course lock ("button" between satellites indicator and status). Unfortunately in manual isn't much about IOC - only in appendix.

What I am doing wrong?

@SnoozeDoggyDog could you pass links to vids you've talked about? I was researching on my own but I've found only vids about P2V/P2V+ and one :

Well, maybe I have wrong app? In Google Play I simply searched dji pilot app :/ But is that possible? Everything works fine except additional IOC modes...

I have Huawei Honor 6 phone with android 4.4.2

Last edited:
Well, today I've checked manual again and there are other modes unavailable in Pilot app : Home lock and POI. I have GPS signal, I've changed switch position and enabled other modes in the app so that modes should be available.
You have to be patient and wait until these are available.
No-one has them yet.
It is likely that 3rd party apps with these features will come out some time soon.

Reactions: Kyniek
Thank you Meta4 for clarification. I thought I was doing something wrong, or even worse - something wrong with my bird. So for now I'll practice flying and "manual POI" :p

Those modes require a new firmware. DJI _still_ has not released it so it's at least 3 months over due now. That is, if they started working on it when the P3 was released. We know from posts that they were working on Ground Station 2 months before the release so really they have been working on it for at least 5 months. On top of that I don't think the Inspire has GS yet either. So.... perhaps a year? Point? I don't know if I'd _ever_ use the work "soon" when it comes to an update from DJI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20