Follow me mode

Reaction score
970B9E04-3612-4934-86E4-2F2EC172B700.jpeg
Hello. I am trying to get my Phantom 3 standard to follow me. Says Home not recorded. See attached photos of screen. Any help greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 437A9AB4-7D34-4C49-ADF1-C401EE2B7A6A.jpeg
    437A9AB4-7D34-4C49-ADF1-C401EE2B7A6A.jpeg
    385.3 KB · Views: 317
Do you have GPS on your mobile device/ tablet? Read the first warning.

Where would I find that information on my tablet?
Which tablet do you use? Check its specs if it has a GPS.

The easiest way to test your follow on mode is to use your smart phone. Usually all smart phones have GPS.

It’s an Apple iPad not sure what version. Will check when I get home this evening. Thank you sir for your help.
any iPad which is non-cellular will not have GPS. Period. To check if its cellular, check if it has a port for SIM. If it has no SIM port, it will not have GPS either.

must be follow me mode week. i'm just back after the long weekend and have already seen three threads in the last couple of days - two today - about follow me mode with an ipad that does not have gps. why doesnt apple just include gps in everything since it must be a very cheap component amirite?

Reactions: Sholladay
My iPhone 6S will do the same thing. Finally got it to work , but upon switching the RC back to GPS mode I get 4 solid RED lights on my P3S.
Called tech support they said not to worry, as I do have “strong interference “ that comes up on the screen. I am within 3 miles of a small airport and a power line at the end of my street.

Reactions: Sholladay
My iPhone 6S will do the same thing. Finally got it to work , but upon switching the RC back to GPS mode I get 4 solid RED lights on my P3S.
Called tech support they said not to worry, as I do have “strong interference “ that comes up on the screen. I am within 3 miles of a small airport and a power line at the end of my street.
Finally got mine to work tonight. Followed for a bit then stopped and hovered with all red lights. Not on iPad but iPhone 6

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl