Flytrex Live 3G Released - Review

mendezl said:
When does the Android app come out?

Also can the flytrex be connected into a IOSDmini. If I remember correctly, IOSDmini has an extra canbus type connection on its side.... ok so it does look like there is an extra can bus connection on its side http://www.sarawuth.com/2014/01/dji-pha ... k6-2/#main

Hi mendezl :)

Our first Flytrex Android beta version was just released earlier this week. See flyNfrank's post just before yours with the complete details of our new Android app. You can download Flytrex Android from Google Play here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ex.flytrex

That's just the very first beta version, so the app is still somewhat limited, but new updates are already in development.

Regarding iOSD Mini installation, yes, the iOSD have a parallel CAN-BUS connector and Flytrex Live 3G can be installed to it using the Flytrex CAN-BUS Adapter. When installing it with this setup you won't need any soldering, just two cable connections and you're all set!

You can read more about the Flytrex CAN-BUS Adapter here: http://www.flytrex.com/blog/flytrex-can-bus-adapter/

I hope this helps! Let me know in case you need any additional details. :)

Couchie said:
Great news - your new Flytrex order is on its way!

Your new Flytrex order has been carefully packed and shipped to you earlier today. The package was shipped via Air Mail and is expected to arrive within three weeks, although usually it will arrive faster. Track your shipment here. It might take up to 24 hours for the tracking number to become active.

So I got my email Thursday! :D

Tracking number... well, it hasn't kicked in yet. I only check it about every thirty seconds. :mrgreen:

Ok, so I'm kidding... just a little excited. Eager to get it on the Phantom!

So mine is on the way!

RUT RO! I just loaded the app on my iPhone and found that I have to enter a facebook username and password?!? My family doesn't do FB. So I can't use the App now?!? What gives?

Hi Couchie :)

If the tracking number isn't active yet it should become active by tomorrow (Sunday), which is the first working day around here -- so any shipments that were assigned with tracking number just before the weekend will become active by tomorrow.

Regarding the iPhone app login - the current version indeed includes only our Facebook Sign-In. We're working around the clock on new updates for both our iPhone and Android apps, that will include new sign-in options similar to all different sign-in options that are also available through our site: Facebook, Google, Twitter and Flytrex stand-alone sign-in.

I still don't have an official ETA for this release, but our goal is to have it ready and available during January, so should be here in the next week or two. We will post more updates about it shortly as soon as we have everything ready. :)

amitregev said:
Hi djifan :)

We're now starting to ship all pending orders. You expect your order to go out somewhere between today and the next 6 days -- depending on its place in our pending orders queue. As discussed earlier, we'll have it shipped to your home address and I'll make sure to coordinate exact shipping details with you to make sure it gets there as smoothly as possible. :)

As for support emails, can you PM me the email you've been using to contact us? I can't see any emails from you at our support queue that were left unanswered, so I'd like to see how come you didn't receive a reply from us and make sure we get this fixed.
Hi Amit, I have sent you my local/updated address on PM. Request you to ship my order by the fastest available option and confirm, Thanks

Am I going to have to wait possibly another 3 weeks after I receive confirmation for delivery even though I paid the extra $25 for expedited shipping?

djifan said:
amitregev said:

We're now starting to ship all pending orders. You expect your order to go out somewhere between today and the next 6 days -- depending on its place in our pending orders queue. As discussed earlier, we'll have it shipped to your home address and I'll make sure to coordinate exact shipping details with you to make sure it gets there as smoothly as possible. :)

As for support emails, can you PM me the email you've been using to contact us? I can't see any emails from you at our support queue that were left unanswered, so I'd like to see how come you didn't receive a reply from us and make sure we get this fixed.
Hi Amit, I have sent you my local/updated address on PM. Request you to ship my order by the fastest available option and confirm, Thanks

Thank you for the updated address -- I just updated shipping details locally. Your shipment was already suppose to go out earlier this week but I wanted to make sure we ship it to the correct address. I've just updated the address in our system and your order will be shipped between this Wednesday to Thursday.

Thanks for the updated details! :)

jasonnelson007 said:
Am I going to have to wait possibly another 3 weeks after I receive confirmation for delivery even though I paid the extra $25 for expedited shipping?

Hi Jasonnelson007 :)

Expedite shipping takes about 5 days, so as soon as the shipment gets out you can expect to receive the Live 3G within about one week. Shipments to the states usually gets even faster, so it might go even faster than 5 days, depending on the shipment destination.

If you haven't received shipping confirmation yet you can expect to receive it in the next few days (hopefully before the end of this week). We working around the clock shipping all pre-orders these days and are catching up nicely with pre-orders. We expect to be back on track with our shipments towards the end of this week.

I hope this helps! :)

Hoping to see some activity in the tracking. So far no info since Thursdays confirmation.

I thought the USPS was slow! It's been four days since I got my tracking number and still no info on the Israel Post web site.

Hope it didn't get lost in the mail!

I sent an email to flytrex support, but haven't received a response yet. My flytrex live was working fine, but on my last flight it stopped sending data and I'm starting to think it might have been responsible for my crash/flyaway as well. Once i recovered my quad, where was nearly 1/2 mile away from where flytrex said it was last seen, I used live programmer to sync all the data to my account. For the flight in question it didn't show any more data, but when i retrieved the video, I could see it flew for several more minutes after it stopped sending data to flytrex.

In any case, the LED sequence of my flytrex live when i power it up is solid red, then solid purple, then after about 20 seconds it goes to solid green. It never goes to flashing green like it is supposed to. When I check online, it shows my flytrex as being offline. But there does seem to be some communication there as it does show that my firmware has been updated... unless live programmer passed that info to the flytrex site. I'm not sure what to do next.

Doug Fletcher

dbfletcher said:
I sent an email to flytrex support, but haven't received a response yet. My flytrex live was working fine, but on my last flight it stopped sending data and I'm starting to think it might have been responsible for my crash/flyaway as well. Once i recovered my quad, where was nearly 1/2 mile away from where flytrex said it was last seen, I used live programmer to sync all the data to my account. For the flight in question it didn't show any more data, but when i retrieved the video, I could see it flew for several more minutes after it stopped sending data to flytrex.

In any case, the LED sequence of my flytrex live when i power it up is solid red, then solid purple, then after about 20 seconds it goes to solid green. It never goes to flashing green like it is supposed to. When I check online, it shows my flytrex as being offline. But there does seem to be some communication there as it does show that my firmware has been updated... unless live programmer passed that info to the flytrex site. I'm not sure what to do next.

Doug Fletcher

What did the dji software show in the "Find My Phantom Vision" for the last marked position? Also do you mind sharing the .CSV file? I can look at that and give you a much better understanding of if anything visible took place. You can attach it to a email and send it to me. [email protected]

Im not sure what "find my phantom" showed... but i was well out of wifi range at the time, so I doubt it would have shown anything useful. I have gathered all the info I have on the flight and shared it in this dropbox link. Feel free to reiew and give me your insights in to the accident.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5dfk661jcoxdnsr/AABKx3a4HsTGXFbcSsj1XrqZa?dl=0

The bottom right guage in the dashware video is the satilite count. Flytrex report so very odd readings a few seconds before the flytrex logging stops (gps data).. and it really doesnt match the video very well at all.

dbfletcher said:
Im not sure what "find my phantom" showed... but i was well out of wifi range at the time, so I doubt it would have shown anything useful. I have gathered all the info I have on the flight and shared it in this dropbox link. Feel free to reiew and give me your insights in to the accident.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5dfk661jcoxdnsr/AABKx3a4HsTGXFbcSsj1XrqZa?dl=0

The bottom right guage in the dashware video is the satilite count. Flytrex report so very odd readings a few seconds before the flytrex logging stops (gps data).. and it really doesnt match the video very well at all.

Ok to get started here, I'm posting the LED light sequence.

After power-up, the LED will first light red, followed by short blue and then purple. As soon as network connection is achieved, the Live LED will start flashing green for the entire length of the flight.

During first-time activation the Live LED might light blue for up to 10 minutes. During this time the Live registers with your carrier for the first time. Once initial connection is obtained (flashing green light), subsequent connection should go much faster and should go live within approximately 30 seconds. First-time registration with your mobile carrier will happen each time you change the micro SIM in your Live.

I know you said your device is staying solid green and not flashing signalling it is 100% ready. But I'm thinking your device might be trying to update it's firmware. I did see a new firmware version is available, but I haven't looked yet on what it consist of, or how long it has been available. It's possible this may require to be downloaded and then installed in the 3G using the Live Programmer.

So I watched your dashware video, looked at the graphs, loaded the .kml file in google earth, and went through the .csv file completely.

In watching the video the 1st thing that came to mind was if this was a GS mission, or if you were just free hand flying? What do you think happened with the flight going bad?

So in looking at the .csv file it looked very good all the way up to the point in which it stopped. I would like to know what happened with the quad in the part that is not there. Did the quad descend until it crashed? Or did it stop and then sit down? I noticed the speed went from like 14mph to 3mph and then there was no more info. All the voltage looked real good as well. With the available data I could not see any foul play with any part of the quad.

HEADS UP AMIT......

I just wanted to touch base on two flytrex subjects.

Will you please add the "Vertical Speed MPH" to the Flight logger like I mentioned in the recent past?If the info is not in this thread I will gladly repost it here in how it would best work in it's own column in the flight logger. See pic below.

Next DJI is now finally taking some of the GPS issues more seriously on the Vision Plus. They are now actually wrapping the GPS wires with a shielded cover. Will you also do the same on the Flytrex GPS Wire Harness, or at least something similar? You can get a idea on what I'm referring to in the pic below.

file.php

Attachments

• 1p2v+.jpg
    1p2v+.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 433
After power-up, the LED will first light red, followed by short blue and then purple. As soon as network connection is achieved, the Live LED will start flashing green for the entire length of the flight.

That is what my Flytrex used to do. But like i said after the purpe it goes to a SOLID GREEN. I did upgrade the firmware via live programmer, but i didnt make a difference. Still solid green and from the live website just shows that i'm offline.

As far as what I think happened, it was a GS mission. Best guess is either my GPS module failed mid flight (Hunch replaced it when i sent it in for repairs after this crash... i assumed it failed from crash damage, but its possible it failed before the crash). Or when the flytrex malfunctioned, it somehow corrupted the gps data stream and confused the phantom. There was definitely some anomalous data in the flytrex logs... most notably the speed.. there iare a few places in the dashware synced video where is shows slow speeds (<5 mph) but is obvious from the video the Phantom was flying at a constant speed and not going from 20 to 5 to 20 in a few seconds.

In any case.. I have yet to hear from the support email I sent to flytrex last week about my Flytrex live or from Amit on this forum.

Anyone have any pictures of how they routed the flytrex harness. Since I installed mine I have poor gps reception. Any help would be appreciated.

viphantompilot said:
Anyone have any pictures of how they routed the flytrex harness. Since I installed mine I have poor gps reception. Any help would be appreciated.

The better option is to shield the harness completely. If you shield it, it wont matter how you route it. Without shielding I had decent results running the harness above the battery which is below the main board. I ran it out from under the left side to where the plug reached the left front arm if standing at the rear of the quad. I used the 4 pieces of 3m sticky tape to hold the wire up from dragging on the top of the battery. I then only use velcro to secure the 3G device to the bottom of the battery box to where the device was against the gimbal mount.

dbfletcher said:

That is what my Flytrex used to do. But like i said after the purpe it goes to a SOLID GREEN. I did upgrade the firmware via live programmer, but i didnt make a difference. Still solid green and from the live website just shows that i'm offline.

As far as what I think happened, it was a GS mission. Best guess is either my GPS module failed mid flight (Hunch replaced it when i sent it in for repairs after this crash... i assumed it failed from crash damage, but its possible it failed before the crash). Or when the flytrex malfunctioned, it somehow corrupted the gps data stream and confused the phantom. There was definitely some anomalous data in the flytrex logs... most notably the speed.. there iare a few places in the dashware synced video where is shows slow speeds (<5 mph) but is obvious from the video the Phantom was flying at a constant speed and not going from 20 to 5 to 20 in a few seconds.

In any case.. I have yet to hear from the support email I sent to flytrex last week about my Flytrex live or from Amit on this forum.

Checking your data again now.....

Ok dbfletcher, I did spend a pretty good amount of time on this, but I wasn't able to come up with anything that I would personally point a finger at. It wont look like I've done anything, but I have.

Anything I mention will be all speculation. Someone else might look at the images I'm posting and have an opinion that is locked on what they see, or take from it. I don't feel like I have enough info, and data, or knowledge about the crash. Regardless, as we know I'm just doing this for the fun of it, but after spending a little amount of time I just wish I could place the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

The 1st image shows a elevation view of the Start and end of File of the mission. The odd part for me is that the flight path that is shown, does not show any way points, and I'm not familiar with such a mission that shows turns and direction changes without there being any obvious way points.

The 2nd & 3rd images show the end of the .CSV file. The Red section shows that from line 338 to end displays a unchanged Longitude & Latitude reading, the Green & Blue sections shows there is movement

Attachments

• 1dbfletcher.jpg
    1dbfletcher.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 472
  • 1dbfletcher2.jpg
    1dbfletcher2.jpg
    648.7 KB · Views: 417
  • 1dbfletcher3.jpg
    1dbfletcher3.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 411
franknfly: As far as trhe "No Obvious Waypoints", it is probably because I use ilovecoffee's modified gs app... and use the GS Bank and Turn option so it doesn't fly to a waypoint, stop and then turn... it rounds all the way points and flys thru them. Your analysis agrees with what I saw as well. It really seems there was a malfunction int the phantom on this mission that resulted in the crash.. either the gps died midflight, or flytrex malfunctions and started posting spurious data before it completely stop transmitting/logging. I really had expected there to be data leading all the way up to the crash (and ejected battery), but that isnt the case. The Phantom flew for hundreds of feet more before it finally crashed at that site.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl