Flying with floats / water landing

Reaction score
Yesterday I posted a video that some of you had no problem viewing and some did.
Please note; all of my videos on Youtube as well as on Vimeo are "public", so why some of you cannot see the footage is weird.....

So, I post this short little Water Landing video, let me know who can and who can not see it.
Until recently I lived and worked from a boat, so I always flew and still fly a lot around water.

This was my FC40 fitted with floats I fashioned from a beach noodle:

Capt Joe....nice neat job....it was exciting to see it land in the water...and hey thats a low cost version of pontoons !
Whenever i can : I love to engineer and create my things like you did...keep UP the great works.

Hi Capt. Joe.
That’s a really clever little invention. Is there any chance you could post some pictures of the design and fixings? As well as dimensions etc. that might help me build something similar?

Very much appreciated.

You should see if it’s something you could market, there’s may be some money in it.

Richard

Since I plan to use my Phantom 3 standard over the Caribbean off Grenada I will be making some of these pontoons for myself. It looks reasonably simple to come up with something that will work.

Yesterday I posted a video that some of you had no problem viewing and some did.
Please note; all of my videos on Youtube as well as on Vimeo are "public", so why some of you cannot see the footage is weird.....

So, I post this short little Water Landing video, let me know who can and who can not see it.
Until recently I lived and worked from a boat, so I always flew and still fly a lot around water.

Net I'll have try it this spring.

I can see it using Chrome, cool video, congrats on the nice fit of gear.

I saw the video. I land on Lake Huron (calm seas) no problems. The pontoons allow me to film straight down into the water and keeps the camera dry. My only mistake was trying to move forward in the water. It flipped . It was upside down for at least 5 minutes . Have to do a little modification to prevent that. Put in front of a fan all night and then a few hours in the sun. Battery out, SD card out . Everything survived. I fly over water all the time.

Reactions: aneal321

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20