Flying Under A Train.

Reaction score
Enjoy..

(YT is best with a 60fps capable browser (Chrome works great)).

[vimeo]115086899[/vimeo]

or

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rf5PdkCZV4[/youtube]

Great video... looks like you know how to control the drone and camera to get the most out of it, congrats! Bob

Thanks guys! It was a fun shoot for sure...that is one of my favorite spots to fly; open space and lots of trains pass by. Plus, there is a wind farm not far away AND a small "hole in a mountain" (you can spot it in some of the shots, but ya kinda gotta know where to look...) that I want to try to fly through....someday!

Also, I want to try to get a tad closer to the train, particularly if there is a "pusher" at the arse end. Which begs the question: Turbulence? The train is doing about 40mph in that area. I don't want to get into some chop that the P2 can't handle. Thoughts?

Cheers!

Yelp, you got me with that title. My first thought was that you actually tried to fly it under a train(like between the wheels). But your title was absolutely correct...did not think about a bridge. Nice flying and the quality of the video was very good, on my computer.

skeeter said:
Also, I want to try to get a tad closer to the train, particularly if there is a "pusher" at the arse end. Which begs the question: Turbulence? The train is doing about 40mph in that area. I don't want to get into some chop that the P2 can't handle. Thoughts?

Cheers!

I would think you'd notice the beginnings of turbulence before committing too much. I would have personally loved seeing you coming head on into the pusher....following for a moment then doing any number of fun moves....but that's just me speaking from the comfort of my hanger....lol

Bald1eagle, I thought of doing that as well. But. I didn't quite have the stones to pull it off! Plus, I didn't want to freak out the engineer! ( if there was one in the pusher.) I can see the headlines now: "25,000 ton freight train derailed by idiot with a 3 lb drone. Film at 11."...

Cheers!

Nice,

Thanks for leaving me with a laugh too :lol:

Air turbulence behind a 40 MPH train? There are a few variables to consider but with calm winds, an altitude around the height of the train, and less than 100 feet behind that train, I'm thinking it will eat your lunch. :cry:
A bullet train at 40 MPH probably not so much.

There's my nickle's worth. Please have another machine filming just in case your Phantom does get hurled into oblivion.

IflyinWY,

Thank YOU for the chortle! (And turbulence estimate....along the lines of what I was thinking.)

And I'll be sure to have another photog get ALL the action! :shock: Should make a great video for sure! Oh, uh, can I borrow your bird for a few days? I, um, have a special project in mind.... ;)

Happy flyin'!

Hmm, borrow - nope, help you film - maybe.

Whatcha got in mind? I could be passing through Kingman in about a week.

Er, was thata joke :?:

Tongue-in-cheek for sure!

But, If yer gonna be in this neck of the woods, or desert, shoot me a PM....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik