Flying over the beach when a surprise visitor showed up

Oh wow, how do I calibrate the gimbal? I never did that when I got it new a month or so ago

Place the bird on any flat level surface and use the auto gimbal calibration in the go app.
4ed105c1918150d23e47a62d08c86fa1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

wait what? lol, it was windy as heck, like 30mph

that said please look at my other video and tell me if you see the same problem I see no issues.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

thx
Cool video!! What are you using that displays the indicators on your screen?? (Altitude, distance, heading, etc.) I like it!

Fastfed, Calibrating the gimbal and possibly the IMU may help. I had a similar issue with my Phantom 3 Advanced but I could never get it corrected. I eventually sent my bird to DJI and they replaced the camera/gimbal assembly with a P3 Pro camera and all is good now. Apparently some gimbals do have a defect that prevent it from leveling properly. I kept noticing my camera would tilt when I applied yaw and it may recover if I turned the opposite direction but if I maintained forward travel the gimbal remained unlevel for a while. It was really frustrating. i tried all the remedies suggested by other pilots and nothing worked. Give the calibrations a try and see if that helps. If it does not, don't settle for anything less than a proper repair/replacement from DJI.

wow - he was getting really close to you. someone posted on here once that if you think someone's trying to crash your drone, you can loosely tape fishing string to hang way down from your drone. then if anyone comes at you, you can fly that into their props to disable them. i used to think that would work, but then i got fishing line in my props and it just kept flying. so not sure what your best move is.

Why in the hell are you talking about ways to make someone's Phantom fall out of the sky?

Why in the hell is this kid still allowed to even post here? Mods? You think his never ending stupidity is somehow good for this hobby?

Fastfed, Calibrating the gimbal and possibly the IMU may help. I had a similar issue with my Phantom 3 Advanced but I could never get it corrected. I eventually sent my bird to DJI and they replaced the camera/gimbal assembly with a P3 Pro camera and all is good now. Apparently some gimbals do have a defect that prevent it from leveling properly. I kept noticing my camera would tilt when I applied yaw and it may recover if I turned the opposite direction but if I maintained forward travel the gimbal remained unlevel for a while. It was really frustrating. i tried all the remedies suggested by other pilots and nothing worked. Give the calibrations a try and see if that helps. If it does not, don't settle for anything less than a proper repair/replacement from DJI.

well I just did a gimbal calibration and all it does is a yaw movement it does not fix the roll movement.

I think the problem might still be there, I cannot test it out right now, its dark and the horizon would be the best test.

But and a big but, I did the gimbal roll setting and it adjusts the exact issue, I looked at a wall with pictures on it, it was a little off and I just did that roll 0.4 to the left and now its perfect.

I assume this is why its there? there is not other adjustments so I assume this is a known issue and DJI simply added this to fix it.

honestly, if it fixes it, then it fixes it, right? I don't want to be without this thing for MONTHS, which it sounds like many people are without it for when sending it to DJI

well I just did a gimbal calibration and all it does is a yaw movement it does not fix the roll movement.

I think the problem might still be there, I cannot test it out right now, its dark and the horizon would be the best test.

But and a big but, I did the gimbal roll setting and it adjusts the exact issue, I looked at a wall with pictures on it, it was a little off and I just did that roll 0.4 to the left and now its perfect.

I assume this is why its there? there is not other adjustments so I assume this is a known issue and DJI simply added this to fix it.

honestly, if it fixes it, then it fixes it, right? I don't want to be without this thing for MONTHS, which it sounds like many people are without it for when sending it to DJI

In my case it was only about 10 days out and back in my hands so it may not be as bad as you think. In my case the gimbal was level at startup but whenever I applied yaw the gimbal would tilt and not level off until I applied yaw in the opposite direction or if I allowed it to hover it may eventually level out after about 30-45 seconds I'm not talking fast and sharp turns either. Any yaw regardless of the rate affected it. I think it would be acceptable if the camera tilted slightly and only during a tight turn but it should level out quickly after the turn is completed. Anyway, don't fear the RMA process too much. You hear a lot of horror stories but I think most cases are handled in a reasonable manner. You might not get Lightning responses from them but they will respond and once you get an RMA from them it should be handled fairly quickly.

Why in the hell are you talking about ways to make someone's Phantom fall out of the sky?

Why in the hell is this kid still allowed to even post here? Mods? You think his never ending stupidity is somehow good for this hobby?
lol relax guy. when i saw the video i just thought it was aggressive, so immediately thought how to defend my property. but everybody else seems to think its sweet so i must have took it the wrong way. always seeing stories about people wanting to take down drones - didn't think it was that far off.

Hahaha!! Awesome vid! I think there's an instant brotherhood when Phantom sees Phantom. And cool that you will probably never meet the other flyer, but you're up there having a good time.

Thought I'd share a quickly put together video from the other week.

Was flying after my "disaster takeoff" (I made a post about it) to make sure everything was still good.

Minding my own business when all of a sudden, :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Cool video. Thanks for sharing. Your visitor seemed to be getting too close. Was that you or the intruder caught (bottom left) with the controller in hand at about the 1:03 mark?

Also, one of the first things I noticed was your tilted horizon. I assume you've noticed as well? What have you done so far to try to fix it. That problem can be tough to overcome.

EDIT - Frik, sorry. I shake my head when people reply without reading the rest of the posts in a thread, and then I just did it myself. My bad. Apologies sir.

That was the other dude, he is a super rich kid because that is a private golf course down there, let me be clear, not a private golf course like the Blue monster in Miami, but his parents own hole in the back yard, lol

Cool video!! What are you using that displays the indicators on your screen?? (Altitude, distance, heading, etc.) I like it!
If I am not mistaken, Those parameters are seen by turning on the function within the Go app. Al though in the latest version, I couldn't find the option. So it any have been removed in the most recent version/s. It was a nice addition, sadly removed, if so.

RedHotPoker

flightware , its a free download now, used to costs money.

You add your video, then add your flight log, it will then give you options for all sorts of gauges to add. It takes the flight data it gathered during the flight and reacts with the gauges, heading,altitude,speed,compass and even map position.
The hardest part, you need to sync the video with the data, there is a video on youtube explaining how to sync it correctly. Because the data starts the second its powered on and the video sync will be off.
You need to find a spot where in the video you either start moving, or ascending and sync it with the data, then you just hit the sync button and it will sync the rest.

mine is off by probably .5 seconds or so.

It's cool and best part, its free

flightware , its a free download now, used to costs money.

You add your video, then add your flight log, it will then give you options for all sorts of gauges to add. It takes the flight data it gathered during the flight and reacts with the gauges, heading,altitude,speed,compass and even map position.
The hardest part, you need to sync the video with the data, there is a video on youtube explaining how to sync it correctly. Because the data starts the second its powered on and the video sync will be off.
You need to find a spot where in the video you either start moving, or ascending and sync it with the data, then you just hit the sync button and it will sync the rest.

mine is off by probably .5 seconds or so.

It's cool and best part, its free
Flightware or Flightaware? I have used Flightaware to track airline flights my family has taken to see when they land to pick them up at the airport. Google only brings up flightaware.

Flightware or Flightaware? I have used Flightaware to track airline flights my family has taken to see when they land to pick them up at the airport. Google only brings up flightaware.
No biggie. Can just use what is available now. Thanks for the replies though!!

That was the other dude, he is a super rich kid because that is a private golf course down there, let me be clear, not a private golf course like the Blue monster in Miami, but his parents own hole in the back yard, lol

Wow that was one nice golf hole to have for yourself,kid didnt look to be over 15

+1
I'm still waiting to read one "normal" post from this kid. It looks like his is trolling and flaming the forum and trying to show he is cool.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Nice to see how the Phantom looks in "non-staged" flight. Good going!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic