Flying on Corps of Engineers land and lakes

Reaction score
I just got kicked out of flying at a lake close to my house. The area I was flying is a public access area but nobody was there. Because of recent flooding there are a lot of COE people about. Anyway one saw me flying and told me I couldn't fly there. He was a little unsure so he went to get another ranger. The second one was definite on it and gave me a brochure. They quoted me Title 36, chapter 111, part 327.4, aircraft. When I read the brochure closely, paragraph b said flying was prohibited except in areas designated by the District Commander. Paragraph c, though, indicates you van fly but not in a reckless manner.

My question is whether a COE lake is a no fly zone? I see planes and helicopters flying over them all the time at a higher altitude. I'll probably write them for clarification. If I stick to their rules, a lot of public access land in my area is now off limits. I'd appreciate any advice anybody could give.

I have had same issue at my local lake because its flood control and under the Army Corp. The ranger explained they basically fell under the large ruling about flying on Government property and it really had nothing to do with the lake.

So now I fly over there all the time. Just cant take off or land from there :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20