flying in the desert

Reaction score
does the desert heat, cause any issues like battery life, etc. I'm talking over 100 degrees

thanks in advance

if your battery heats up above a certain limit, it will shut down, I believe the upper limit is 40 degrees celcius. Something to take into account. You should get a warning on the screen when the battery approaches the upper or lower battery temperature

if your battery heats up above a certain limit, it will shut down, I believe the upper limit is 40 degrees celcius. Something to take into account. You should get a warning on the screen when the battery approaches the upper or lower battery temperature
Thank you

Not for me, it was about 115F outside of Vegas when I was filming this. Phantom 3 Pro. I flew 3 batteries for 17-19 minutes each

Equipment is rated to fly safely up to 40 deg C safely (104 F). Air temp and ground temperatures may or be the same.

The problem I had last year as it got around 100 F, my iPad Mini 4 started to malfunction. I have a white DJI sunshade but that heat almost shuts it down. My P4 did fine, but maybe because I was flying no faster than 18 to 22 mph. Now I use Litchi a lot so now I can see my battery temps. I'm surprised how not the battery gets even during regular flight.

40 celcius? My drone battery on my second flight hit 61 degrees celcius today as I was landing. Are you sure it's 40?

40C/104F is listed as the maximum environmental operating temperature for the drone and the maximum charging temperature of the battery, but not the maximum internal temperature of the battery which will probably get hotter than 40C under heavy load. This is beyond the optimal storage temperature, but won't hurt the battery for short periods.

Reactions: KingDad1985
All that prop wash directed right at the fuselage, na I doubt heat would be to much of an issue. It's a lot cooler in the sky than it is on the surface.

40C/104F is listed as the maximum environmental operating temperature for the drone and the maximum charging temperature of the battery, but not the maximum internal temperature of the battery which will probably get hotter than 40C under heavy load. This is beyond the optimal storage temperature, but won't hurt the battery for short periods.
Right. Every P4 and P4P I've had have been around 50c to 60celcius towards the end of the flight

I've hit 152.6f/67c on a flight here in the Phoenix area. No ill effects, but I'm not wanting to push it too much beyond that.

My problem with the heat is not the drone, it my iPad 2. How are you guys coping with the device heat?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl