Flying in Pennsylvania

Reaction score
Ok. So pretty much a rookie and wanted to fly near Scranton. I’m from NY and will be visiting family in Scranton. Wanted to grab the new foliage happening now. Can I fly there. Mavic Air is registered with FAA. Penn laws confusing

Hello from Philadelphia. YES you can fly there. The state does not have any laws precluding you from flying. Depending on exactly you will be, you just need to look out for the same restrictions as anywhere else...controlled airspace, national parks, etc...

If you need to fly within the controlled airspace of Wilkes-Barre International, then you will need to get clearance through LAANC.

Reactions: MassDrone
Yes. I have that problem in NY and use the Kittyhawk app for clearance. I assume the same in PA. Hoping to get nice colors. It’s so beautiful right about now

I’ve had no issues flying in PA as long as you fly in accordance with applicable federal law and not violate pa title 18 3505 which says you can’t violate people’s personal space (like looking in somebody window). Click this link below

Hey if nobody else said, welcome to phantompilots.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues