Flying in Mountains

Reaction score
I have a p3 4k, Say I take off from a mountain top that it 5000 ft up. If i fly below my take off point level to maybe 400 ft will the p3 just fall out of the sky because it thinks its below ground level. Or is that not the way it works? Does the global positioning system safe the drone from this?

Your Phantom will continue flying quite normally... the only thing you'll notice is that it will show negative values for height in the app.

Reactions: High Flyer_10
Someone from China made some vacuum to negative set the drone in a glass chamber, and then he used this preset altitude to climb pass 500m, so apparently the phantom registers negative altitude.

Reactions: alokbhargava
I have a p3 4k, Say I take off from a mountain top that it 5000 ft up. If i fly below my take off point level to maybe 400 ft will the p3 just fall out of the sky because it thinks its below ground level. Or is that not the way it works? Does the global positioning system safe the drone from this?

You should not have any problem. Note: RTH will still be above that ground level.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20