Flying drones in uk

Reaction score
Hi I’m new to flying and I have got permission from the caa to fly.
My question is I’m struggling with flying a drone and getting great shots. If I have my camera I can go walk and take shots. But with a drone it’s taking off and landing. How do people get he permission to do it?
I look on all apps and says nothing about flying but if I go anywhere people always say you can’t fly
Or what options do I have
Thanks

I am confused here. You say that you have your permission to fly from the CAA, yet you are new and are asking questions that new people might.i am guessing you do not have. PfCO as you would have learned all of the answers to these questions there. Perhaps you could clarify the situation please.

Yea I do have my PfCO. All I am trying to ask is I know general rules.
It comes down to when you want to go fly somewhere new, you see a lot of people flying nice location spots.
Sometimes trying to find permission on where to take off and land is not easy, so was asking how do people do it because I want to try new places but seems to be hard to get permission to fly

I too am surprised by the question, to be honest most people are probably flying without permission. You only have to look on YouTube to see that! Ha.

You are in a nice rural part of the world, however I guess it's more farmland than moorland...
Perhaps flying at the coast would be best, or look for a local flying club?

The other option (which I'm just doing right now and I submitted my application for the CAA yesterday) is offering free aerial photography on Facebook business groups and farmers groups.

Eventually once I start working I hope to have enough contacts to find flying spots.

You basically -- need the permission of the land owner your taking off from/land to do so and anybody on the ground that you may fly over are made aware of what you are doing, corden off and warning sign a landing and take of area, risk accessed your flight, checked type of airspace & Notam for your area, have the correct & neccesary third party insurance, etc etc etc ....

Last edited:
Reactions: Yeadonites

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164