Flying drone near cell tower

If you're flying around a cell tower that's got guy wires, you're not suppose to be within 2000 ft of it anyway. I know, I know, there's always reasons or excuses to do so anyway.
"not suppose to be within 2000 ft of it " ??? Where is this number from?

What's so terrifying about Atti. Mode?

The only difference is when you are not applying any stick input.
At that time it drifts with momentum and the wind.

If you are actively controlling the aircraft there's no difference.

You can never be 100% certain of the wind speed and direction. It’s all relative.

When your in ATTI you know exactly what is happening . We used to use it to tell just what the wind speed was and direction . You could get some great smooth video's using it just drifting .
Course I guess ya and to be there with a P2 to appreciate that .You learn to fly with them ATTI ain't scary
when you get in it now .
Whoops told our age N017RW .;)

I think you've misinterpreted my statement. There's nothing terrifying about atti mode!

I was stating that when I accidentally approached a transmitting tower and everything unexpectedly went haywire, it took me a few seconds to realize what was wrong and correct the situation.

Not my video.
Looks like you got beyond your operating limits, not necessary the tower that caused the problem.
Give it a try operating you and the drone closer to the tower.

Looks like you got beyond your operating limits, not necessary the tower that caused the problem.
Give it a try operating you and the drone closer to the tower.
Not my drone or video!

I believe cell inspections require a higher zoom (Z30)

Yes, close to cell towers, but the bird is far from being right into the beam of a communication dish, that runs around 2,1-2,2 GHz close to the ISM band (2,4 GHz).

"not suppose to be within 2000 ft of it " ??? Where is this number from?
If I remember correctly, I got that number from the Part 107 training. I thought 2000 was a crazy distance and that's why it stuck out. Someone mentioned that's for manned aircraft which makes more sense.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj