Flying Drone in and around Atlanta

welcome, if you ever want to fly over Lake Allatoona let me know, beautiful scenery
vlcsnap-2017-12-09-16h51m28s271.png

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks, can anyone go there? How big of an area is it? Weather here has been CRAPPY and will be for a few days. I'm off work till end of year. I wouldn't mind going if anyone is up for it. What do you fly with? I have a P4P

I'm in midtown/bhead. If you know of a place around metro i'm down for that. I'm BORED with piedmont park.
I would like cool places to video/photograph
Also looking for OPEN places to test various things
In duluth, there is berkely lake right?

Yeah, Berkeley Lake. I've done a few DroneBase missions there. BL is a private, expensive subdivision, so be careful in there. I doubt that the residents would be too thrilled with us buzzing around with our Phantoms.

Hey, if you want to hook up in Fairburn, look for me. I'll be the one with the red Comcast tote bag. :)

I've got a place there, with water drawn down there will be nice opportunities on a warmer, sunny day in January. If you look on google maps or something similar, find where 75 crosses the lake (only one place) and the big body of water just south of 75 is where I am. Easy to fly and keep an eye on it from there.

Areas north of town such as Acworth Beach (where I live), lake Allatoona, and Emerson area Pine Mountain (from top) requires a hike to top, but your rewarded once you get to top. Those are areas I fly with no problems at all.

I'm new to this forum and I fly a Mavic Pro. However, I'd love to get in touch with some of you guys to get together on a weekend. I know this thread may be too old...

We have a private airfield on the north side, up 400 between Alpharetta and Cumming. Wide open spaces, all Class G, and we'd be happy to host everyone for a flying day if enough people are interested. - Russ

I'm so glad to find this thread. I just ordered a new Mavic Air, and would be glad to meet up with some folks to fly after it arrives. I live near Piedmont Park, and am happy to drive as needed to find good options.

There are a couple of guys here that fly in the park I believe.

I'm thinking of hosting an afternoon for flying up at Allatoona, maybe in mid to late March

Reactions: btonetbone
Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm new to this thread. Last year during August or September I went to Allatoona. I went to an area that was heavily populated and there was a gate entrance. It was $5 to enter and the lady told me drones were prohibited. I'm trying to see what part of Allatoona you fly @blmeanie. I'm thinking about going out tomorrow since the weather is supposed to be nice,

I have a place on the lake so i can take off from there or off my boat during April-Nov.

there are a couple of public places I think you can launch from though, get off 75 at exit 278, Glade Rd, turn left, at the Racetrack turn right on Lake Acworth Drive. About 1.5 miles after turning the road crosses where Allatoona and Lake Acworth have a spillway connection. There is a parking area at both ends of the bridge and lots of people park there and walk down to the water and fish etc.

I am guessing it would be no problem to fly from there.

Another option might be from one of the marinas, again, 75 to glade rd, take a right off the exit, go less than a mile until you get to a 3 way stop, go left on Tanyard Creek rd, take that until the end, turn right on Groovers Landing, follow that until it dumps you at Holiday Harbor Marina, not sure but they have a retail store and sell boats there so a big parking lot. They may restrict but could be worth a shot too.

Good luck

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart