flying crazy

Reaction score
hi my friend brought me an DJI fc40 and it keeps flying in a circle as fi the yaw was sticking not sure why it's flying crazy then takes off like i hit full throttle when i'm just idling.. and still flying in a circle can it be a bad motor or a bad esc?

Have you calibrated the transmitter ? Hook up to the DJI assistant and take a look at the controls,also check the IMU .
A few months ago I was doing a tilt knob mod on my transmitter and burned the board. The first time out I almost lost the bird.

You can also tie a 10 ft. Cord to the Phantom to test it without fear of losing it.
Wayne

Reactions: sw1ft2u
Do you have a Vision 2 or an FC40? :confused:

Have you calibrated the transmitter ? Hook up to the DJI assistant and take a look at the controls,also check the IMU .
A few months ago I was doing a tilt knob mod on my transmitter and burned the board. The first time out I almost lost the bird.

You can also tie a 10 ft. Cord to the Phantom to test it without fear of losing it.
Wayne
Thank you Tallyrver i did exactly what you said when it tugged on the line i can see that one of the new motors installed was bad. i popped another one in and bango works like a charm. i figured it's a new motor it can't be bad but it was, that goes to show you still can buy a defected part.

Reactions: IflyinWY
Thank you Tallyrver i did exactly what you said when it tugged on the line i can see that one of the new motors installed was bad. i popped another one in and bango works like a charm. i figured it's a new motor it can't be bad but it was, that goes to show you still can buy a defected part.

Glad I could help!
Wayne

Cool, we got a winner. Glad to hear it's fixed.

Idling is a bad idea.
If the FC40 is running and does not receive any control inputs for 20 seconds, it will execute Failsafe and depending on your settings in the NAZA assistant, it may try to climb.

Here's a little reading for you on "Idling", if you're interested.

Enter "idling after landing"
in the middle of this page:
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20