Flying above clouds question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had a drone that could fly straight up at around 16000 feet why would I fly at or below 400 feet.
It would seem that I would be wasting money on a drone never getting the full potential out of it...

If I get a drone I want to get the full potential out of it.
No, I am not a troll and since you seem so intelligent on flying drones could you explain a little better...
If you bought a DJI drone, you'd find that it has a hard-wired limit of 1640 ft above launch point.

But if you did fly your dream, apart from rules and air safety issues, you'd get an understanding of the full potential of some physics.
First you'd find that straight up is the worst angle for maintaining signal and you would probably have trouble getting to 1000 ft straight up.
You would find the limits to battery technology wouldn't get you as high as you want.
The trip up would take 16 minutes and the return to earth would require another 27 minutes.
You might learn about the effects of extreme cold on batteries which would bring the drone back to earth a lot sooner.
But if you did manage to get that high, you'd never recover your drone because the high level winds you'd encounter up there would carry it far away.

To get the full potential out of a drone purchase you need to stay a lot closer to the ground.

Good Lord guy's why don't ya'll report this stuff before it get's this far . Meta I see no need for this to go any further .
facepalm.gif

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94