Flite Test gives solid advice on FAA Remote ID NPRM (Feb 23 2020)

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
This is an EXCELLENT video on what the FAA is expecting in your comments.

I want to stress that EVERYONE take the time to write a courteous and intelligent response. Don't get emotional and don't be mean or it's a waste of your time.

Also it's important to realize that it's not just UAS operators who are weighing in on this topic... There are thousands of Manned Pilots (Private, Comm, and ATP) who are weighing in and proposing STRICTER regulations etc.

Thanks for the post. Come on guys you’re running out of time to comment. If you haven’t sent your comments yet, Please do it ASAP. Your hobby/sport may depend on it. Thank you

Reactions: BigAl07
Here is the DIRECT LINK to the FAA Remote ID general proposal and in the upper right is the link to the online comment form. Please use the advice above and make a comment, they need to be flooded with (constructive) comments on or before March 2, 2020.

Reactions: BigAl07
Time is running OUT!

Here's an interesting post on this topic from one of our sister forums:

(I'm posting it in quotes below)
I posted my comments (5 pages) to FAA yesterday. Up over 25,000 comments as of today.

Unfortunately, there are a few people throwing drone users under the bus while trying to defend their model aircraft hobby.

Here's an except from one I saw today (from an AMA club member/leader).

"The advent of the multi rotor UAS (drones) and the irresponsible use of these systems has fueled the need to better control the airspace. The long history of radio controlled model aircraft has shown we are not the problem, but we are now being thrown into the same category as drones, and the consequence is rules being proposed that should not be applicable to RC model airplanes. Responsible flying at flying sites as ours should be recognized and allowed to continue in their current fashion."

sad ;-(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20