Flipped Drone

It may be worth seeing if you can still power up the P3 and use the simulator to see if the controller is working the way you would expect. Its worth spending some time on the sim anyway especially if you are new to quads... gives you a good feel before you solo.

It didn't even lift off the ground, just flipped 180 onto it's props and rumbled over the patio slabs. I'm pissed off with myself but I even put it on one of the kids crash mats as protection against a hard landing. Soon as it flipped it shot off side ways and I was in such a panic I never powered it down quick enough.

If your drone flips there is somit wrong with it ! you should be able to fly up to full throttle with
no problem .check prop rotation you do not need height as drone do not suffer from ground
affect as Heli,s do .i had a Blade 350 QX done exactly the same (rubbish ) so i bought large
SYMA model flies lovely do not believe ££££ buys quality as it does not .

Pushing the
Mind asking you... Do you push the left throttle up..and at the same time you push the right throttle up during take off...
The right throttle controls your forward motion, so you don't want to push it up until the bird is off of the ground or it will tip it over. So left throttle first and then right after it has lifted off :)

It is easy to change the RC stick positions. Almost every time I go thru the app and get to setting stick positions it goes to setting 2. I switch it back. Fat fingers will do it. I even flew once with it switch. I had to bring her down or crash her. Not saying that is what happened but it is easy to do.

I lived and worked in Mainland Communist China for over a year. Believe me, the average Chinese worker is no different than you or me, they all want the same things for their families and life. With that said, they can get pissed and screw up a product they are making in the factory for whatever reason. Believe this, the factory workers in China have it rough, they have to live at the factory and even though they are fed and basically taken care of, the factories can become almost concentration camps because of the way they treat their workers. So like American workers, the Chinese workers can have a bad day and just for the hell of it, mess something up. Then again, could be you got a new worker with no experience on building a P3P.

Keen to know what the cause was...!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I know it's not much help now but my first week I only few over heavy/thick grass. I did not fly over any hard surfaces until I was pretty comfortable taking off and landing. I crashed like 5 or 6 times but the grass was very forgiving, not even a broken prop. I exclusively land in manual, just got very comfortable landing that way during that first week.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.