Flightline with yaw and gimble freedom

Reaction score
Hello again all
I and filming a section of river with Litchi on Android / P4P and while I want the safety/assurity of a locked in height above the river of 5 meters/16.5 feet, I also want to be able to manually yaw left and right and tilt the camera up and down at will without the tilt and yaw being locked into a POI setup - POI would not allow me the freedom to do things at will.
Is there a solution to this in Litchi.
Thx Flightline

Should have been a bit more specific. I definitely want to be locked into a waypoints mission (for the safety of height above terrain) and have the flight speed predetermined, so with those things automated and out of the way, I can then focus my attention on panning and tilting the camera just where it should be. From recent experience using POI, I missed a sequence where the camera should have been - it was too far to the left and because I had set up the mission in POI, there was nothing I could do about it during the flight...right?. It would be that much better to simply pan and tilt to the precise framing I wanted.

In settings / Heading Mode I have just read that setting to Manual (UC) will unshackle the yaw for complete panning movement at will. Great!

If I change Gimble Pitch from Interpolate (the smoothest turns between waypoints) to Disable - thus giving me total control over the tilt up and down of the camera, I gather I would loose the smooth turns between waypoints then. But to get full control over gimble, that seems to be the price. Or have I got that all wrong?

Thx Joshua but that wouldn't work for me. I want this setup to work anywhere anytime. Cabling would be too impractical as I would need permissions to setup the cable let alone the time to set them up. Thx though

Flightline, did you google it? It is called “Cable cam” only because it is similar to the the cable cam used at sporting events. It doesn’t use a cable. If you google “Cable cam in litchi”, you will se that it is how to setup a litchi waypoint mission so you can fly forward and backwards along the waypoints and be able to yaw and move the camera up and down without having to worry about the track of your drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20