Flight logs for geotagging

Reaction score
Has anyone pulled flight logs to geotag images from a second onboard camera? Any good recommendations or articles on how to do it? I purchased an NDVI camera and am thinking about mounting it to my P3P but it doesn't have onboard gps so I need to use the logs to geotag the pics.

There are TXT logs on the mobile device, and DAT logs on the aircraft.

There are readers for both types of logs, ie. the DAT ones can be parsed by DATCon and by Wireshark dissectors.

Both logs contain coordinates. I imagine both logs contain timestamps as well, though no idea where is the one with best accuracy. I imagine the most precise timer comes from GPS, and that would be used in FC logs. I never needed timestamps, so I don't know more.

There are TXT logs on the mobile device, and DAT logs on the aircraft.

There are readers for both types of logs, ie. the DAT ones can be parsed by DATCon and by Wireshark dissectors.

Both logs contain coordinates. I imagine both logs contain timestamps as well, though no idea where is the one with best accuracy. I imagine the most precise timer comes from GPS, and that would be used in FC logs. I never needed timestamps, so I don't know more.
Did you use one of those readers to pull the logs or is there a simple way to get them?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31