Flight Insurance offered by the AMA

Mopar Bob said:
But please, stop with the negative ******** about the organization. But, if all pilots followed the common sense rules offered by the AMA, then we wouldn't be getting all this bad press and possible restrictions in where we fly because of it.

There are over 170,000 members of AMA. These pilots joined for a number of reasons. Getting the insurance is one, being able to join a club may be another. Most clubs require the AMA membership. They have been offering the insurance plan for a very long time (I first signed up for it in 1971). If there are, or have been, issues with it, don't you think they would have surfaced by now?

OK Bob, I will stop being negative on the organization. Yes the AMA has historically been hostile to multirotor aircraft and some fields reportedly still do not allow them. The AMA is absolutely hostile to FPV whether multirotor or fixed-wing. So, maybe the best way to fix this is from the inside. Maybe if a few thousand Phantom owners joined we could have some influence on their view of small UAV's. Especially because the AMA is the only Community-Based organization with a safety program that the FAA recognizes. It does NOT have to be the AMA, but today, that's all we have.

The gauntlet is down - I joined. Anyone else?

But please, stop with the negative ******** about the organization.

I found that the "negative BS" is deserved. I agree that some of the AMA rules are not up to date. Forcing quadcopter pilots to rules that were created for fixed wing has issues. AMA needs to adapt and serve all it members needs.
Back on the subject of AMA insurance. I have been told by senior members that AMA insurance will only cover if you are at AMA field or event.

The gauntlet is down - I joined. Anyone else?
I'm a current member and routinely advocate for multirotor aircraft. I first joined in 1998, when I had my heli. AMA is just as biased against rc helicopters today as it was then.
I agree our multirotor community is under represented by the AMA. Only by joining and speaking up will this change!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl