Flew ATTI For The First Time.......

Reaction score
......and it was buttery smooth.

I've been afraid to flip that flight mode switch so did it while low and close.
Something about hearing about all the P2 fly always that stuck in my mind
telling me the P3 is gonna freak out if I switch flight modes. Didn't happen
obviously as I switched back and forth to get the feel for it.

In ATTI it flies much like any other non-GPS multicopter but with the added benefit
of altitude stability via its barometric sensor. That was actually surprisingly very
accurate (stable) even when pretty low (20ft).

My only gripe is actually about flight when the P3 is in GPS mode. Not nearly as smooth and jerky with all the braking. I know you can adjust the braking down but sometimes the P3 isn't braking or stopping per say and I think the GPS jerks it around a bit too much. DJI needs to smooth that GPS algorithm out in my opinion.

Reactions: Ari
Not sure on the P3, but flying ATTI isn't as scary as it sounds.
Just think of it as a game of "Asteroids" if you send it in one direction, momentum will carry it that direction until you cancel that momentum with an opposite action or it runs out of momentum. And much like driving a car has lots and lots of constant small changes in direction, so you'll need to do with the P3 when in ATTI mode, you'll need to manually hold it in place against breezes, winds etc, so to hover in one place can be quite a bit of constant work, but certainly nothing to be too afraid of. It does need more concentration though, as it will drift away with a breeze or wind if you don't keep it in place for yourself.

Reactions: Cyclone and Ari
I enjoy flying in ATTI. I've practiced for years with smaller quadcopters. This is a cake walk compared to the small guys.

Reactions: Ari
Yes I'm good with non GPS stabilized flight. I can whip around my Blade 200 QX pretty good and all it has is gyros and accelerometers to keep it level but nothing to maintain height or position. It's a "dumb" bird I guess when compared to the P3. Dumb but agile and fast I guess you could say. For me it was more of a mental barrier associated with the complexity of all those sensors working correctly when making the flip to ATTI.

Just have to get used to flying via the map and adjusting for wind etc. in ATTI mode if the P3 is out of sight. For me that's the only difference as the 200 QX is in sight the whole time.

How do you enable Atti mode? Do I need to enable anything in the app or just flip the switch on the left top of the controller?

I love flying in ATTI and do it everytime I go out. Love the extra concentration it takes - fine tunes the stick skills! Also, letting your drone float on a wind current while filming is a nice technique, as long as the wind is going the right direction.

Flight mode switch P to A, as long as you are not configured for Beginner Mode

Then back to P if you lose control will make it hover where it is...

Flight mode switch P to A, as long as you are not configured for Beginner Mode

How do you enable Atti mode? Do I need to enable anything in the app or just flip the switch on the left top of the controller?
Just flip the switch. You'll see the phantom drifting due to the wind.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31