First time flight abortion!

Reaction score
Sorry to bother about this, but I cannot understand what could be wrong. I was ready for my 2 flight today on a beach (people were leaving and only a few were left). As I gave trust to take off my djp 2+ tilted immediately and fell in the sand, motors went off immediately. I had to replace one prop which had a dent, take some sand grains out of 2 motors. I then tested the motors without props, connected to laptop to see if there was some kind of anomaly. Everything seems ok. I thought maybe the 10/15 miles/h breeze from the ocean could be responsible. I moved further away from water to have less breeze. ready for take off. I give some trust to test and for a split second I notice the front right propeller slowed or stopped. Now I could explain what happened before. So I gave up, I had a choice of an ocean or a 20 stories hotel to crash into.
What can it be???? I cannot imagine being the motor, they look new (75 flights) and never made strange sounds. Could it be the electronic card attached at the motor? Anyone experience the same? I imagine that if this would have happened in the air probably it would have flipped and maybe recover.

The first step will be to take off the top shell and visually inspect for defects on the ESC board connecting the slow motor.
But it is not uncommon for motors themselves to die even after 75 flights. I would recommend upgrading to E300 motors.

Were you lifting off from "sand"?
That could have blown sand in the motors before you even lifted off.

Besides water, I can't think of anything worse for the Phantom than sand.
I wish you had a better day.

This will help you find things in our forum. It's Google Custom Search.
Enter your text in the middle of the page, not at the top.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

Were you lifting off from "sand"?
That could have blown sand in the motors before you even lifted off.

Besides water, I can't think of anything worse for the Phantom than sand.
I wish you had a better day.

This will help you find things in our forum. It's Google Custom Search.
Enter your text in the middle of the page, not at the top.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi
Thank you for yr. help. No, I did not start on the sand but on the phantom case at about 15 inches of the ground, however you might have a point in some cases. Some grains of sand got into the 2 motors when the quad hit the side on the side. I opened at home and haven't found anything unusual. I mounted only the prop on the incriminated motor and tested it. Boy, those props sure bend when you give full trust and what wind!!!
Just to be on the safe side I will change motor and esc card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.