First Flight! First Crash!

Reaction score
Merry Christmas all!

I unwrapped my P3P Groupon bundle today! Read the manual twice, charged everything up, updated all firmware, installed prop guards, and took it outside for it's maiden flight!

Being very cautious, staying under 10 feet in my driveway just checking it out.
Let my father in law try the controls for a bit and that's when things went south. He wasn't prepared for the directional controls when the drone turns and hit a basketball net. The drone flipped over and hit the floor.
Broke several props and 2 of the prop guards. Certainly could of been worse.

Took it out again with another set of props in the back yard - went up about 100 feet and 100 feet away. All is well.

This thing definitely intimates me but baby steps, right?

Statistics can go wrong. We all know most of the accidents take place with buildings, structures or [emoji269]. It's always advisable to keep phantom away from these targets. Lesson learned again

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

When I first started flying I always landed and shut it down with the csc move (both sticks down and out) and it tipped over often. I've since learned to just use left stick straight down (throttle down) until the motors shut off and haven't had a tipover since. I also hand catch on all un-level ground now, whereas I used to always land it.

Reactions: howard.allum
Did your father in law read the manual?
Pleased its flyable tho'
Keep it close till you get used to it, take your time getting to know the controls, try RTH too.
Enjoy

Reactions: Smotz
When I first started flying I always landed and shut it down with the csc move (both sticks down and out) and it tipped over often. I've since learned to just use left stick straight down (throttle down) until the motors shut off and haven't had a tipover since. I also hand catch on all un-level ground now, whereas I used to always land it.
Good tips - the few times I landed I also just used the left stick.

Pick a nice calm day and go to a big empty field like a high school football field.

In my neighborhood I make sure I fly higher than trees and powerlines. there is nothing to run into up there.
Just make sure there is enough room when you use the return to home function.

If you are like me you will get braver every time.

Merry Christmas all!

I unwrapped my P3P Groupon bundle today! Read the manual twice, charged everything up, updated all firmware, installed prop guards, and took it outside for it's maiden flight!

Being very cautious, staying under 10 feet in my driveway just checking it out.
Let my father in law try the controls for a bit and that's when things went south. He wasn't prepared for the directional controls when the drone turns and hit a basketball net. The drone flipped over and hit the floor.
Broke several props and 2 of the prop guards. Certainly could of been worse.

Took it out again with another set of props in the back yard - went up about 100 feet and 100 feet away. All is well.

This thing definitely intimates me but baby steps, right?

Don't let your Father-In-Law ever touch the sticks again!

Kurt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.