First Flight...Can't Wait for Tomorrow

Wow.. great thread... My P3A is being shipped now and I'm so excited but reading this thread has helped me realize that once I get it in, before going out and taking the first flight I really need to do the preflight stuff and calibrations. I've been flying an X5C for a while getting used to the flight and remote work but that thing is just a toy. If it lands in a tree or falls from the sky, it's no big deal. Got to get into the correct mindset with the P3A...

Good luck with your new Phantom 3, my P3P arrives Monday.

Another very important tip for any new flyer is only to fly in a large open grassy area. Take off flying the Phantom nose away from you so left is left right is right. It's very easy for new and inexperienced pilots to get confused and make inappropriate directional corrections and run into something or someone.

There are also good pilot training instructional materials to download on DJIs website with suggested ways to practice learning to fly and building up your ability to orient the controls to the Phantom.

If you're lucky enough to have an iPhone 5S 6 iPad Mini 2 3 or Air 1 / 2 then you can make use of the built in simulator built into the DJI Pilot app. As the name implies it is literally a flight simulator for your Phantom and can help you build some essential and valuable skills without ever having to risk your Phantom at all. A must to use for a brand new pilot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers