First day with my Phantom 3 and I feel like pulling my hair out...

Reaction score
I really hope you can help. I've been given a Phantom 3 Advanced (which is brilliant). I've charged everything up, connected my iPhone 6S to the RC and tried to connect everything. No dice. The controller basically won't turn on.

I've found a trick online to re-start it by pressing 4 buttons, and I'm now left with a controller with a sky blue light on the left and 4 white lights on the right. When I connect the phone with the data cable, I can't connect my drone (even if I press the reconnect button on the drone). It just keeps on flashing yellow.

I have no view on the app, it just tells me to connect my drone and offers video advice.

I think the RC needs to have it's software updated - I think it's been turned off half way through updating....

Any ideas?!

I should add that the drone has solid red lights on it, plus flashing yellow ones, if that helps! If i turn my controller off, it won't come back on without doing the C1 & C2 buttons trick...

I've tried something different. I've managed to successfully update the drone using the micro SD card. The controller remains the problem. What does the aqua light mean? I can get the app to see that the controller needs an update. It downloads the update, starts to apply it (the remote beeps for about 20 seconds) and then the controller turns off and the app comes up with an error message about having at least 50% charge etc... (the RC in plugged in).

Any ideas? Please!?

RC is updated thru the go app try updating the RC again. Be sure your phone is on wifi

Thanks for the advice - bizarrely i managed to sort this out late last night. Everytime I tried to update the RC it would switch off mid-update. I found that by holding down the C1 and C2 buttons while the update was applied prevented the RC from switching off. No idea why - but it worked!

Everything connected, updating and working :)

Rather than hold switches for update just unscrew the screws on remote and find the battery lead and unplug and re attach battery this should reset rc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164