First crashproof drone

Reaction score
No matter how it falls from the sky, it can go back to an upright position and continue to fly. It’s called XT Flyer

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It’s being tested at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What do you guys think?

Too weak for slap... and what's branch of tree?
You mean what would happen if it hit the branch of a tree? I suppose that would depend on flight speed ... I think the wireframe approach is clever though. Not really seen on any other drone besides Flyability but that's much more expensive and clearly intended for another market.

I think it is already here! Actually the first video above if from 2009, so it must be that technology in this little drone?:
Blade Nano QX 3D Quadcopter RTF | Horizon Hobby

I have this little guy and it is a lot of fun. Has programmed flips, will fly inverted, and can launch and land right side up or upside down!
Glad to hear your thoughts! And hmm, so I suppose it's been pushed out to the toy market already? I wonder if they will do a more general version soon

You mean what would happen if it hit the branch of a tree? I suppose that would depend on flight speed ... I think the wireframe approach is clever though. Not really seen on any other drone besides Flyability but that's much more expensive and clearly intended for another market.
Sorry not enough explain. I meant, branch or stick shaped thing will brake in if we're unlucky. Another solution is mesh propeller guard (sorry I miss the link to the prototype of the product), which may decrease aerodynamic force, however.

More or less this - Air Hogs - ROLLERCOPTER

RollerCopter_View.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic