First close call with Phantom 3 Pro

I always calibrate my compass but today almost found out first hand what could happen. Taking off from the same spot as last time and didn't calibrate. Auto-takeoff and within seconds I sense something is wrong. My indicators have satellites I got the safe to fly go-ahead, but no good. Phantom is drifting in air and my weak manual skills had to be used to land her. Find a patch of grass close to a metal fence, land right beside the fence with the winds blowing me around, safely landed but my propellers sliced the fence and broke. She didn't even tip over just propeller damage. Replaced and calibrated. Next flight was as smooth as always.

Just a heads up, always calibrate your goods.

NOTE: It has been brought to my attention by others on this forum that this has nothing to do with compass calibration, it was in fact a loss of GPS signal.
Sing the new FW OR THE NEW IOS APP SO, im pretty sure that that was the problem, nothing eith compass calibration or with gps single, its all about the bad version of the new updates ,

Isn't that the truth, man that thing had a steep learning curve!!

Yeah, I lost one X5C completely when about 80 feet high and the wind took it away. Multiple crashes and tree debacles, and the only thing really busted was a battery door and one prop guard. But I got so I could fly in my house and blow out candles. Pretty tricky as the slightest air currents really affect it.

Flying those and using Atti mode to keep sharp are two good things.

Reactions: F6Rider
Sure. In the app I got the green "safe to fly", I was locked in to 11 satellites and I auto took-off. Once in the air she wasn't hovering as I'm use to. She would drift in the direction of the wind, it was about 10km/h southbound. I landed in a safe spot as possible and replaced the propellers on the spot. Loaded her up and did a compass calibration. Auto took off again and the bird was stable as always. I think it was the compass, but if you have other ideas or more info as to what may have happened I am all ears.
Sounds familiar but not due to calibration I imagine. I took off normally, had plenty of sats, green lights, safe to fly, all good. It was a hot day and I auto lifted off. Since it was hot and mid day (couldn't see the iPad mini with reflections) I ducked into my garage. So did my P3. Right at me as it was on a mission to crash into my face. Seems like it was going full speed from 5 yards away. I was able to duck in time but it hit into garage wall. I was told too much metal about caused the near disaster.

Understanding when to calibrate is vital. ...

DO NOT Calibrate...If you're on the beach or on a boat.
Explain about not calibrating when at the "beach".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers