Firmware v1.10.90

Reaction score
Hello,
I've successfully updated my Phantom 3 Advanced to the latest version, but there isn't any upgrade for the controller?

Thank you very much

Ok, i think from memory it went from 1.6 to 1.8 but can't be 100% without checking.
strange thing i was getting update message a week or so before but each time i checked it said no update, when i got home.

then last time it let me download update.

That's odd. I had the 1.09.0060 version and wanted to update to the newest 1.10.90 ver. The first time it went over 15 minutes then the camera led went solid red with the continuous buzzing, telling me it failed. Turned it off then tried again. After a few seconds, it went through the normal startup then the led went to green. But it keeps telling me it has 1.09.0060+ I've tried several times with the same result. Only that now when I've tried, it beeps once then the light turns green and goes no further and still reporting I have the 1.09.0060+ I'm stumped.

Thanks. This is why updating has become such an irritating and annoying hassle.

Thanks. This is why updating has become such an irritating and annoying hassle.

And that's why most here say if you don't have any issues then no need to update... firmware updates can break things... I might do it just because of the RAW file changes (whatever they are...)

This site is far more helpful then DJI customer support could ever be... Thank you everybody

I've been here since I got my P2 Non-Vision last year, and everyone here is AWESOME!! Short of reading the manual, you'd probably find answers here for any question you can think of... and even some you haven't thought of yet... ;)

I haven't done an update in over a year. If it ain't broke don't fix it. So many problems occur during these updates. To be honest with you, I don't know why anyone does them. All the horror stories out and about them? My bird flies fine and haven't had any problems, fingers crossed. Also helps to be meticulous about pre flight and post flight checklist.

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just for s...n giggles I went to chat with DJI. Send a screenshot of your About status on the GoApp. Now send the Result txt file so we can review it. Reformat the SD card and try again. Reinstall the GoApp. Blah, blah, blah. No help whatsoever. I may just downgrade back to my older FW then try one more time to the new FW. Hopes are at a low for any change.

Funny too, I never saw an update notification on my goapp. found out there was an update here.

The + sign means the FW is updated but has not been verified with DJI servers. Once your device is connected to the Internet, it should go away after it communicates with DJI servers.

Really? Hmm, I had mine connected all day to the Internet. Sorry, It hasn't changed. Oh well, I'll keep watch on the forum to see what others have with the issue. Thanks for your post. (No sarcasm intended.) Also, how is it that you obtained this information regarding this issue? I've contacted DJI on 3 occasions today & was told no such thing as you mention.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard that once you do this update there no down grading to older firmware?? I read it on the dji forum, you be honest that makes me a lil nervous because when I did the controller update my shield k1 became almost useless

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Really? Hmm, I had mine connected all day to the Internet. Sorry, It hasn't changed. Oh well, I'll keep watch on the forum to see what others have with the issue. Thanks for your post. (No sarcasm intended.) Also, how is it that you obtained this information regarding this issue? I've contacted DJI on 3 occasions today & was told no such thing as you mention.

I did ask a DJI support person when I had the Standard last year and that was what she told me. The plus sign eventually disappeared. So I thought that must be it.

Has anyone heard that once you do this update there no down grading to older firmware?? I read it on the dji forum, you be honest that makes me a lil nervous because when I did the controller update my shield k1 became almost useless

Makes sense. I've had these Phantoms since the P1, P2, FC40, & now the P3. Gave some consideration to the P4 but after this horrendous update issue after all these years of being a Phantom enthusiast? I'm dubious. But, I'm on the cusp about moving on. Their support is like...well, I could ask my child & get a similar response. "Huh?"

Not to forsake it, this IS the first issue I've had with a serious FW update problem, & we've all invested in this hobby financially so, I'll wait to see what happens.... for now?[emoji52]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You're right. Tried to downgrade to 1.9 then to 1.8. Won't go. Good call. Thanks to all who might try.[emoji85]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.