Firmware v1.10.90

You're right. Tried to downgrade to 1.9 then to 1.8. Won't go. Good call. Thanks to all who might try.[emoji85]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Does the remote have to have the same version fw as the air craft? I've had this no transmission signal and I cannot see live feed on my iphone

Made the same observation, but this morning the 1.09.0060+ indeed changed to the correct 1.10.90 version indication, without any further action from my side.

Made the same observation, but this morning the 1.09.0060+ indeed changed to the correct 1.10.90 version indication, without any further action from my side.
I confirm that, I just checked and also mine now shows correct version without doing anything

I installed the firmware last night but haven't had a chance to fly yet. Anyone have any flight experience with the new firmware?

Does this firmware require that the batteries be updated as well? There is no mention of it included with the DJI instructions as there was for the previous update back in June.

Thank you!

I just did a successful firmware update, it took about 12 - 15 minutes. I have a question. Why do all my updates have the incorrect date? They all have the same date on the .txt file. (See below)

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.10.0090.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

I think it has something to do with the remote control not being connected. On all the updates where the RC was connected, it had the correct date. On all the updates with the RC not connected the dates are all 2014.01.01

Last edited:
I haven't done an update in over a year. If it ain't broke don't fix it. So many problems occur during these updates. To be honest with you, I don't know why anyone does them. All the horror stories out and about them? My bird flies fine and haven't had any problems, fingers crossed. Also helps to be meticulous about pre flight and post flight checklist.

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app
I'm with you, my friend. Once I had the better video 2K, and the POI etc, plus the cold weather battery update, that was it! Why mess with success. Besides, who wants more of the invasive-and-often-erroneous airspace constraints (THAT is the pilot's responsibility, NOT DJI's anyway - THE reason I won't get a Mavik).

Just updated - with no problems :) - it included 3 loud chimes and a no lights "session" towards the end of the 14 minute update - a full success message on the sd card and displays 1.10 in the app as well - so flight test tomorrow but all seems well - connects to the app fine , you do get a new alert when you start without out the props attached it knows they are missing or loose! - plus take a good 3secs to stop when you do a CSC - where before it was almost immediate... smiles all round.

Okay, after updating, I took two flights on one battery and shutting down completely between each flight, and I still have the 1.09.0060+ showing up in my DJIGO App. I thought that maybe by doing a complete reboot of all devices would update to the newest firmware numbers. Both flights were okay, but I am getting a lot of flashing of the video, that is that it flashes off for a moment, and then comes back. I have experienced this from the last couple of firmware updates. I flew about 2,400 feet away and back on both flights.

So how long will I have the 1.09.0060+ listed as my firmware software?

Okay, after updating, I took two flights on one battery and shutting down completely between each flight, and I still have the 1.09.0060+ showing up in my DJIGO App. I thought that maybe by doing a complete reboot of all devices would update to the newest firmware numbers. Both flights were okay, but I am getting a lot of flashing of the video, that is that it flashes off for a moment, and then comes back. I have experienced this from the last couple of firmware updates. I flew about 2,400 feet away and back on both flights.

So how long will I have the 1.09.0060+ listed as my firmware software?
mine first show 1.9.60 + first i then delete app and reinstall now showing correct 1.10.90

firmware for controller should be 1.8.80

I upgraded the Phantom 3 Advanced to Firmware v1.10.90 but Remote Controller is still at 1.8 (not 1.8.80 s you have noted)

Remote Controller made no sounds or indications when I plugged USB stick into it. Shouldn't it have at least done it and told me that it was the correct version?

Remote Controller made no sounds or indications when I plugged USB stick into it.
Welcome to the forum.

The RC is not updated with a USB stick. That is a very old and outdated process.
Follow these steps for FW updates, though it sounds as if you already have the latest versions.

It appears that you are new to your P3. If you are interested, you can click here for several tips that I often share with new P3P/P3A owners. Your question is one of the tips on the list, so perhaps the list will have a few additional useful tidbits for you.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl