firmware[the latest or not}

Reaction score
i know this has been talked about a lot, but wondering if there has been any change.. I will
be getting my phantom 2 around wednesday and i know a lot of people have had better results
with the older firmware 1.08 ish i believe , or are there a lot of people using the latest
3.? version. with good luck. ive got my gps tracker coming this week also. thanks for your help everyone,
Thanks to this user group i have learned a bunch of stuff in the past two weeks of research. i now have
a firm grasp on video transmission, video reciever, iosd, and antennas and monitors. starting off slow though
with just flying with no camera until i get the hang of it.

Running 1.08, i do have some jhooking but i think is the most stable firmware for me right now

Sana

I picked up my phantom 2 approximately 10 days ago it arrived with version 3 so you may not have a choice. I have not noticed any problems hovers good, flies good, fines satellites fast no problem with compass. And yes it does include the flight restrictions for A and B airports. And So far I'm okay with that.

tom3holer said:
Garysam,

You are lucky to live in an area that has around 2deg of declination so would not see any compass issues.

Tom

Yes I realized that, in July will be flying about two hours drive south of Baltimore location has proximately 11deg declination. Will be renting Beachhouse for a week so it might get a little tricky ocean about 40 yards out so we shall see then.

I'm thinking 11 destination will not be a big deal (I hope) not having any real experience with this so planning on flying pretty conservative until I learned what's going on.

I'm running the latest firmware and it's fine. I Don't mind if the Phantom won't let me fly within certain distance of airports. The version 1.x firmware either has a very high or unlimited descent rate so if you aren't careful you can experience a vortex ring state if you descend straight down too quickly. If you aren't familiar with this concept, I highly suggest you look into it because it WILL happen... it happened to me personally and we get probably 1 or 2 people a week on here asking about dropping out of the sky and most of the time we can determine it was likely VRS especially if there's a video.

The newer firmwares severely rate limit your descent making it much less likely (not impossible, but less likely) to experience a VRS even when descending straight down.

Also the newer firmwares have things like gimbal support, improved flight time, and other improvements like I believe firmware updates come out for a reason... to fix problems or improve features.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl