Finally Filmed a Big Shark Off my Beach!

Reaction score
First time flying over a shark and I think my life is now complete as a drone geek :)
I was about 200 feet up with the camera straight down and saw a little dark mark moving so I dropped the drone down & as I got closer I knew it was a shark! It was as close as 30
Feet to shore at some points, not to mention 2 days in a row so I'm hoping it'll be back!

Does anyone have any lens recommendations to help me see through water better for future videos so when I'm doing www.facebook.com/JTCfilms livestreams everyone can see better live vs having to film/edit the video then post?

Thanks!

-Happy flying from the www.facebook.com/JTCfilms community! Come say HI :)

Reactions: Lunatech
Wow, that would be awesome to capture with the drone

Solly, you had no idea!!! When I first thought it really was a shark and kept getting closer I was freaking out. Like my hands were soooo shaky on the RC bc I was so excited!

Happy flying!

Reactions: Solly747400
Perhaps a Tiger or maybe a large Bull?

NWPassage, yesss after looking into some pics and researching it seems it could've been a tiger too!

But I swear I see the slightest tiniest black marks on pectoral fins... not positive tho. That's why I need a lens to help see through water better :)

I have a feeling I'll be getting more vid of this guy again this week since he was around a couple days in a row! Feel free to tune into my Facebook below if ur on it for more updates!

Haha FlyingCorkers I was so amped up thankfully right when I saw the black dot when I was way up I had a whim that it could've been a shark so I started recording right away! Glad u enjoyed :)

Reactions: FlyingCorkers
A circular polarizer filter will help for sure. Cuts the glare from the water and windows really good.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Too many variables to trust a polarzing filter, it needs to be rotated to the correct orientation in relation to the sun and the angle the lens is at relative to the reflective surface. Worth a play though I guess.
Doesn't need to be a circular polarizer, linear will do. Circular ones were introduced to allow the beam splitting section of an slr mirror to still allow light through and not mess up autofocus or light metering.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl